Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 42 Summary

Week-42-Collage
I had such a fun, busy day yesterday that I didn't get my weekly summary posted.  What was I doing?  Well, first I ran in a 5K race.  And I ran the entire thing which I wasn't planing to do since I haven't really been running due to my knee hurting.  But I did it in 31:32!  I was so excited!  Then I ran in a 1K fun run with the kids.  Alex wanted me to run with him, but he took off and blew me away.  That boy can run fast!  

Then after a quick lunch and a shower it was off to Sam's Club to try to raise money for the boys' school.  Unfortunately we weren't all that successful in selling our discount cards.  But Nick, who went with me, did a great job and really stepped outside his comfort zone asking people if they wanted to buy.  His sweet face even got us a few dollars in donations.  :)  He's awesome.

Lastly, I tagged along with my daughter's Youth Group to a local farm for a corn maze, hay ride, and bon fire.  It was fun hanging out with a bunch of teenagers for the evening.

So by the time I got home last night after all that, it was all I could do to post yesterday's photo of the day.  I was beat!

Anyway, here's what my week looked like in pictures ... (and I apologize that they are all over the place!)  :)
16 - Finally got around to putting up some fall decorations.  Tracey at Inspire Me Photography picked this photo as one of her Top 5 this week.  Thanks Tracey!



Inspire Me Photography

18 - Nick in his favorite pink t-shirt (it has skulls on it) - for I Heart Faces Think Pink challenge.
20 - Late bloomer - coneflower.
21 - Spicebush Swallowtail butterfly chrysalis.  Click on the link to see the caterpillar that formed this chrysalis.  It is pretty awesome!  :)
22 - A cool, old barn in a soybean field - it was across from the farm we went to with the Youth Group.

Inspire Me   Project 365 Button

Hope you had a great week also!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Beautiful week, love 17, looks like you caught the sun in a leaf...so cool!

Tiffany

Tracey Washington said...

I am loving your fall! Gosh, I miss 4 seasons!! Thanks for linking up :)

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous fall shots. Love them all. Thanks so much for linking up. Have a wonderful week!