Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10.23.11

Time for another Scavenger Hunt!  


While I don't usually wait until Sunday night to post my photos for the hunt, a busy weekend kept me ... well, busy.  :)  And while I don't make a habit of shooting all my hunt photos on the Sunday they are due, my good friend, Laura, and I went on a fun photo walk this afternoon in our city.  So this week's photos were all taken today.  She even played along this week, so be sure to head over and give her a little comment love!  There might even be a photo of me in there.  Just sayin'.  :)

Anyway, this week's items are: Words, Under, Orange, Fly, and Always Look on the Bright Side.  And here are my interpretations ...

{words}
words
This garden stone at a church caught my eye.  This song was my Grandma's favorite hymn.

{under}
under
Do I need to explain?  :)  And look at the gorgeous fall foliage!  Love it!
Photography love...

{orange}
orange
These bright orange letters that look like graffiti were pretty cool.  And, no, we didn't go eat there.  :)  They were closed anyway.

{fly}
fly
An eagle statue in a park than contains some war memorials.  Processed with The Pioneer Woman's vintage action.
"... but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  ~Isaiah 40:31




{always look on the bright side}
bright side
In the window of the restaurant where I took the "orange" photo (can you see the reflection?) sat this traffic light.  And an old pay phone.  And a really old gas pump.  They were all very cool.  I need to go back and photograph them.  And possibly eat there too.  :)


Have a great week!


If you'd like to join in, next week's items are:

  1. Macro/Close-Up
  2. Found Texture (not applied; Exploring with a Camera theme: click HERE)
  3. Home (Mortal Muses current theme - Friday will kick off Mosaic Muse...be sure to link up)
  4. Cover (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  5. The Tree (Jenny Rain's suggestion; advanced suggestion - Kent Weakley tree)

8 comments:

Sara said...

Great set, what a fun idea to go for a photo walk with your friend!
Gorgeous big autumn tree, love the orange writing too and the traffic light is so awesome!

Laura said...

Oooh! I like all your pics! I have several that look almost exact haha.

I like what you did with the eagle!

Katie said...

These are all great shots! And I love your new blog name!! :)

Ashley Sisk said...

What a wonderful set - really love the first one.

Susan said...

Nice finds. Love your “under the tree” shot.

Point & Shoot said...

love your under shot...

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I love that song too. Now I'll be singing it all evening. :)

The Dapelo Family said...

I love everything. It