Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Today was a very good day ...

The sun was shining brightly this morning when I finally dragged myself out of bed.  Already I knew it would be a good day (despite the fact that I had to drag myself out of bed).  So Alex, Honey, and I headed to the bike trail to take advantage of the mild weather before the rains moved in.  After all, we have all winter long to be stuck inside the gym.  


Originally I hadn't planned to take my camera.  It is hard to run with a camera around your neck.  But the idea that I might miss a good photo was too great.  :)  Plus I didn't really think I'd be doing that much running with Alex and Honey with me.  Turns out I'm so glad that I took my camera with me, because Alex was soooo cooperative today.  He even asked me multiple times to stop and take his picture.
Alex & Honey
Taking a photo of a child is hard enough for me, but throw a dog into the mix and yikes!  But isn't she pretty with the foam around her mouth and her tongue hanging off the side?  I think she sees a squirrel.  :)

Alex & Honey
On the way back Alex insisted on holding the leash.  He did pretty well considering Honey weighs almost three times more than he does.

Alex's big leaf
Along the way we found this HUGE leaf.  I told Alex I thought it was as big as his head so he was comparing.


Once we got home we had some time before he had to eat lunch and get ready for school, so we raked up some leaves in the back yard and had some fun.
Alex in leaves collage
He jumped ... he ran ... he threw leaves in the air ... and at me ... and at Honey ... he stuffed leaves down his shirt ... and discovered that wasn't such a good idea ... he buried himself ... body first ... and head first ... then ran and jumped some more.

October 19
Photo of the day - October 19 - ISO 400, f/7.1, 1/250s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40

Yep!  Today was a very good day.

   and then, she {snapped}  NapTime MomTog    and then, she {snapped}   Live and Love...Out Loud


The Daily Wyatt

13 comments:

Linda said...

You are truly very gifted!!! Great shots!

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are gorgeous. Love them all. I love your new title too. :)

Ellie said...

These are great, Alex looks like he is having so much fun playing in amongst the leaves.

Stephanie at Grateful Heart Acres said...

Excellent photos!! So captivating! ;o) Grateful I stopped by.

ShonEjai said...

Fun, playful and very sweet photos. Well done.

EMily said...

Sounds likes it was a great day!!

Katie said...

What a great day! Love those leaf shots!

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like a great day indeed - love the second shot.

Unknown said...

Love it. Especially the picture with the pup.

Laura said...

Great pics! And hooray for cooperative kids!

Gretchen said...

You have totally captured some of the most wonderful things of fall in these shots!!!! Wonderful captures... glad you brought your camera along!

Unknown said...

You look like you had such a great time! I love the photo with the green leave but totally diggin the others too!

Teachinfourth said...

Love these photos...leaves always make for great images.