Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Coneflower

Consider how the wild flowers grow.
Coneflower

They do not labor or spin.
Coneflower 2

Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor
Coneflower 3

was dressed like one of these.  ~ Luke 12:17 NIV
Coneflower 4
Photo of the Day - October 20 - ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/100s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D40

Back in the spring when I ordered my butterfly bushes, I also ordered a coneflower plant.  As soon as it arrived, I placed it into my flower bed excited for it to bloom.  I checked on it occasionally, weeded around it, but didn't really see any activity.  Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed and considered requesting a refund. 

Then, at the beginning of October, when most of my other flowers were dead or dying, it showed signs of life.  I decided to photograph its progress, so every few days I snapped a photo.  I'm sure it won't last long as frost is certain to come soon, but I'm glad it decided to bloom.  Better late than never, right?

12 comments:

Laura said...

Loooove this!

Kmcblackburn said...

Visiting from "This or That"....it's like a breath of spring in the fall. Lovely.

Kathy

Ashley Sisk said...

It's pretty even without it's bloom.

Gretchen said...

What a nice surprise for you! Beautiful series... love seeing the progress!!

Susan said...

These are spectacular shots...

Simply amazing!!

karren said...

Oh these are so great! I love the detail and the natural color.

Shanna said...

So lovely! I love the negative space and the sharpness of the flowers.

geetlee said...

yes, better late than never. such beautiful shots, i'm so glad you caught it on camera :)

deb duty said...

I love this post! It's such a treat to get to watch it every step of the way. The photos are gorgeous!

deb duty said...

By the way, I love your new name and button. Just added it to my blog!

Unknown said...

What a great series of photos! I'm glad you were patient. :)

Kristin said...

Beautiful series and that third photo is magnificent!