Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Photo of the Day: October 21

Remember about a month ago, we found this super cool looking caterpillar?
September 14

Well, we only had it for a couple days before it transformed into this ...
October 21 - Chrysalis
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/60s, 18-55mm lens on Nikon D40 - Shadowhouse Creations texture added


And there it remains.  I suspect it will be like this until Spring when it emerges as a gorgeous butterfly.  At least we're hoping!
Flashback Friday   Blogging from Bolivia

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

No kidding - that is way cool!

Anonymous said...

How cool! So pretty. Can't wait.

Gretchen said...

Strange chrysalis... almost looks like a slug!! I still love that first shot! =)

Misty said...

How cool! That caterpillar even caught my hubs attention.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

That's too cool Kimberly. I can't wait to see what comes out! Love your new look. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

WOW! That is super cool! Love that first shot!

Susan said...

Very cool! I hope you get a butterfly too!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

so awesome, glad you took photos of it to share with the rest of us, can't wait to see what it morfs into

Jen said...

THat's really cool, thanks for sharing!