Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 11.20.11

Time once again for Ashley Sisk's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  The items we hunted for this week are: Mainly one color, Around the home, Reflection, Writing, and Water.  And here are my interpretations ...

{mainly one color}
mainly-one-color
Our town had its Spirit of Christmas parade yesterday instead of the day after Thanksgiving like it always has been.  I still don't know why it was changed, but I was glad it was yesterday because the weather was great.  None of that has anything to do with this photo, except that this woman, who is dressed in mainly one color, was in the parade.  Their float won Best of Show, I believe.

{around the home}
around-the-home
I saw these guys lined up on a window sill one afternoon while the kids were at school.  So before I put them away where they belong, we had a little photo shoot.  :)
Photography love...


{reflection}
reflection
Another photo from yesterday's parade.  In Liza's glasses you can see my reflection and the buildings behind me.  Liza is the daughter of my good friend, Laura, who has also become my parade buddy the last few parades.  She and Keira enjoyed each other's company yesterday.  While I love Liza's sunglasses, it is a shame you can't see how stunning her blue eyes are.
Ordinary Inspirations


{writing}
writing
Yet another from yesterday's parade.  :)  While this is probably more drawing than writing, Alex enjoyed playing with the sidewalk chalk that Laura brought along to entertain the kids until the parade started.  Thanks, Laura!

 
{water}
water
Another water drop from my time outside in the rain on Wednesday.  You can see more here if you'd like.


If you'd like to play along next week, the items to hunt for are:

  1. Waiting
  2. Foliage (Kamana's suggestion)
  3. Candid (Kamana's suggestion)
  4. Knife, Fork or Spoon (Kamana's suggestion)
  5. Rules of Thirds (Mikayla's suggestion)

Hope you have a great week!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous set for this week's themes. The water drop is incredibly crisp; love, LOVe, this one.

Desirae R said...

This set is great! I love love love that last one!

Laura said...

Liza LOVES Keira! This morning Liza told me she was playing with her imaginary friends (who are big enough to fit on her hand) and when I asked what their names were she said "Well one of them is named Keira." :)

Lori said...

Great Set! The reflection is awesome!

Lori

The Gambrel Family said...

love it! what a fun idea!

Susan said...

What a fun parade. Love the reflection shot and the pretty water droplet.

Sarah said...

What great photos!!

Happy Sunday!
Sarah @ Crafting and Creativity

Tracey Leeder said...

The water droplet pic is amazing. You did a great job with the scavenger hunt list.

Unknown said...

Love the action figures! :) And that last shot is amazing.

Saun said...

Your water shot is gorgeous....

Unknown said...

Loved your around the home and water shots! GREAT set!

Abi said...

Hey! I love your water droplet... and I have to admit I also love that first shot -so fun!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

That one of the girls is great but you blew me away with your water shot! Amazing!

Jaymi said...

Great set I LOVE the water shot! Really beautiful and great focus!!

Kmcblackburn said...

The clarity on your last shot is amazing. Just lovely.

Kathy

Ashley Sisk said...

These are awesome - I really like your second and last shots.

Christine E-E said...

your "around the home" photo is adorable! photos of children are always interesting - wonder what they are thinking about? especially the young boy using chalk on the street.

Light Trigger said...

great collection, especially the water shot!

Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY

Gretchen said...

Wonderful collection Kimberly!! I really need to get back to SHS... just can't seem to get there. Guess I'll try again after Christmas when things are less hectic! LOVE the around the house and water shots the best btw! =)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love water drops. This is great.