Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Raindrops ~ an Irish Blessing

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.

November 16
{Photo of the day - November 16 - ISO 800, f/7.1, 1/50s, 18-55mm lens on Nikon D3100 w/10x macro filter - Shadowhouse Creations Oil Painting 3 texture added along with a gradient fill}
and then, she {snapped}
May the soft winds freshen your spirit.

DSC_0030



May the sunshine brighten your heart.

DSC_0023


May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you, 

DSC_0034


and may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.



We've had quite a bit of rain these past few days, but today was the first time I was able to get outside and capture a few raindrops before they were all dried up from the wind.  In fact, it was still raining lightly while I was out photographing them.  I'm a little hooked on playing with my macro filters lately.  I hope you'll indulge me for a while.  :)


It stopped raining around 4:00 but the sky was so dark already.  And then I happened to glance outside to see if any deer were in the neighbor's yard only to see a gorgeous sky of oranges, purples, and pinks.  I quickly asked Keira if she'd like to help me try to capture a silhouette.  She agreed and suggested she bring along her violin.  While this isn't exactly the photo I was hoping for, I am glad she agreed to let me practice. 

DSC_0008-1
        Photobucket

22 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I absolutely love all the waterdroplets.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

fabulous captures of the waterdrops and your sunset backdrop only adds to the beauty of this young lady

Ellie said...

Your water droplet pictures are lovely and so is your sunset picture. Is that your daughter in the picture - my daughter plays the violin also. Great idea for a picture.

Kmcblackburn said...

Just what is it about capturing a water droplet that is so amazingly beautiful! Just one of the small wonders and beauties of the world that needs to be frozen in time to appreciate. Lovely.

Kathy

Unknown said...

SO beautiful! We had a rain storm here this week but it happened after dark and I missed all the raindrop shots.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful macro shots. loveliness all around. :)

Seeing Each Day said...

Clever water droplet shots - I'm particularly taken by the rows of droplets on the strip of leaf/weed. well done with your very last picture - i think the red in the sky is wonderful and the mood with your daughter playing is quite emotive.

carol l mckenna said...

Photography is excellent! Wow! ~~Happy TAT ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Unknown said...

:c)

Lisa Gordon said...

These are just beautiful Kimberly!

betty-NZ said...

Such lovely raindrop shots and the silhouette came out great!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Fabulous!!! I love drops- we just never get them here for me to practice :) I will just have to enjoy yours instead.

Nadege, said...

Love the water drops,my favorite is the last one.

Cordial Chaos said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

deb duty said...

Your water drops are fantastic! Way better than my recent attempt! Love the reflections inside them!

karren said...

The photos and the thoughtws are all beautiful!

Serendipityissweet said...

Stunningly beautiful! I adore the blessing. Wonderful post :)

Lil said...

Lovely!

faith ann raider said...

WOW - REALLY beautiful!!!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful post and lovely water droplets! Lots of rain here this week too. =\ The silhouette is wonderful even if it isn't quite what you were hoping for! =P

Lori @ Foto Friday said...

Lovely Silhouette! I really like the way it came out.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Lori

Mary said...

Your macro photos are all beautiful. I love how you have captured the droplets of water.

Your silhouette came out gorgeous!

Mary