Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10.30.11

Time once again for another Scavenger Hunt Sunday!  Thankfully I had all my items found before Sunday (unlike last week) because as much as I hate to admit it, I am sick.  Ugh.  So we'll be spending a (hopefully) quiet day at home today.  Drinking lots of tea and water and eating leftover chicken and gnocchi soup.



Anyway, this week's hunt items are Macro/Close Up, Found Texture, Home, Cover, and The Tree.  And here are my interpretations ...

{macro/close up}
macro
Friday morning we woke up to our world covered in frost, so I ventured out with my camera and macro filters to see what I could find.  While I enjoyed photographing the frost with my macro filters, I reeeeeeeeeaaaallllly want a macro lens now.  Perhaps for Christmas?  ;)
MM3

{found texture}
found-texture
Nicholas found this wooly worm, which is full of texture, and made sure to bring it to me so I could take a picture.  I have my children trained well.  :)

{home}
home
Shortly after Alex got home from school on Thursday, he yanked out his front tooth that was literally hanging by a thread.  If you'd like to see more photos of his snaggletooth, go to this post ... Snaggletooth Alex.  :)

{cover}
cover
I think the frost we woke up to on Friday was just preparing us for the snow we would wake up to on Saturday.  While I wasn't ready to see the world covered in snow, Honey absolutely loved it!  (And it is all gone now, in case you were wondering).

{the tree}
the-tree
The tree in our backyard looked pretty cool with its autumn colors falling off along with the snow.  Guess I better fill that bird feeder!


Oh, and one more thing while you are here ...  my photo (below) is in the running for Favorite Photo of October over on Misty's blog.  I'd love it if you'd go over and vote for me!  Thanks!
October 7/Landscape


That's it for me.  If you'd like to see more Scavenger Hunt finds, head over to Ashley's.  And if you'd like to play along next week, here are the things to look for:

  1. Food
  2. Purple (Shades of Autumn prompt)
  3. In Disquise (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  4. Shapes (Ginger's prompt)
  5. Photographer's Choice 
Have a great week!

16 comments:

Ellie said...

That's a great set of pictures. Your first one of the frost is beautiful looks like little diamonds. What is it about snow that makes me want to go and play in it?

Laura said...

LOVE your frost picture!

I'm working on my post now. :)

Jen said...

Oh wow! What gorgeous shots! That last one in the running for Favorite Photo is SO AMAZING!! It's really gorgeous!

John and Katie said...

Amazing shots! I especially love Macro!

Kat Sloma said...

You have trained your children well, that wooly worm is fantastic texture! So glad to have that linked into Exploring with a Camera. But I was captured by the photo of your dog Honey, I've been missing my golden in the last week.

Susan said...

Oh such great finds! Love your macro shot, and the caterpillar, who now shows even a milder winter! Love your shot of Honey in the snow, such pretty snowflakes!

Kmcblackburn said...

That macro shot with the frost is magical! And I LOVE your "home" shot...what a memory to hold on to!

Kathy

Bethany said...

Gorgeous macro shot!

Gina Kleinworth said...

You absolutely amaze me with every visit- WOW!!!!!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - I love the first shot.

deb duty said...

This is just the start of me being jealous of everyone who gets to photograph snow. Those macro ice crystals are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful. I think my favorites are the first two and the one of Honey. So gorgeous.

Kim, USA said...

Wow I love your shots. Happy Monday!

Macro

Sara said...

Great set, love your tree and the macro frost, home is so cute!

Kala said...

Wonderful details in the macro of the frost!

Ida said...

What a delightful series of photos for SHS - The Macro of the frost was so pretty. I loved your texture photo.