Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Radiant Red

Red has more personal associations than any other color.

DSC_0172

Recognized as a stimulant, red is inherently exciting ...

DSC_0023


and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived.

DSC_0026


Red draws attention ...


DSC_0057


and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.

DSC_0004

The color red increases enthusiasm and encourages action and confidence.


DSC_0041
(Yes, that is snow on our gorgeous red autumn leaves!)


Red stimulates energy and can increase blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate.


Are you feeling it?  :)


Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge


Fact about red found here.

6 comments:

Misty said...

These are great, Kim! Love that macro! Good luck on the contest!

Susan said...

Beautiful captures. I especially like your second and forth one.

Unknown said...

beautiful red

deb duty said...

Gorgeous! Amazing photos! I love your collection of red. I can't choose a favorite. They are all so good!

faith ann raider said...

LOVE the third one!! All of these are so pretty :)

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

What a lovely collection! I love the first three photos! Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge again this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with on Friday when we move on to our new theme, purple! Have a great day.