Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 8 in Pictures

Eight weeks into my third year of Project 365 and I'm still going strong.  Well, most of the time.  Some days I find it difficult to want to pick up my camera.  Especially when it is cold and gray.  We were able to get out to the zoo this week which was a nice change of scenery.  The kids didn't have school on Monday due to President's Day and the weather was pretty nice (ie. not snowing and blowing), so we bundled up and went.  I posted a few photos in my Wild & Wonderful Wednesday post and some more in my Scavenger Hunt post in case you needed something to do today.  :)

For those of you that are interested, we are awaiting our cabinets for the Great Kitchen Remodel.  The appliances are in and are to be tentatively delivered on Friday.  I say tentatively because Doug's work schedule is so unpredictable anymore that it could still change.  I have no idea what we are going to do with the appliances.  The stove we can go ahead and swap out, but the dishwasher and microwave will have to be set aside in their boxes somewhere.  No idea where.  I can't wait for those cabinets!

Anyway, here's what last week looked like in pictures ...
{Sunday}
2012-02-19
Keira and I ventured outside to get a few photos of her while the sun was still peeking out.  I am learning to hand over the camera so I can actually be in a few shots from time to time and so Keira can get some practice shooting in manual.  She did pretty well except for cutting off my feet when I wanted to show off my new boots.  :)  I am happy that she is interested in something that I love so much - photography.
Chic Homeschool Mama

{Monday}
2012-02-20
At the zoo there is this play area with this huge spider web made from ropes.  I had the kids lay in it and pretend they were dead.  They thought that was pretty fun.  Too bad there wasn't a huge fake spider nearby.  :)

{Tuesday}
2012-02-21
This winter's weather has been very unpredictable.  One day it is warm(ish) and sunny and the next is cold and snowy.  You can see what today's weather was while Honey and I explored outside.

{Wednesday}
2012-02-22
The weather was a bit warmer today so Alex and I went up the road to our church so I could run/walk and he could ride his bike.  I promised him once I was done exercising that he could go play at the church's playground to burn off some of his cabin fever.
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

{Thursday}
2012-02-23
A late night attempt at fabric water droplets for Tutorial Tuesday.




{Friday}
2012-02-24
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies (with some M&Ms thrown in just for fun) for Keira to take to a sleepover tonight.  And I fell ... hard ... off of my no-sugar wagon because of them.  But I'm hopping right back on.  Soon.  Really.  :)


{Saturday}
2012-02-25
My three favorite Bible Quizzers: my niece, Jordan, with Nick and Alex.  Jordan and Nick won silver medals and Alex won a bronze.  I'm so proud of all of them!


{Bonus}
2012-02-25 Bonus
A bonus photo for Saturday ... Be Inspired's theme for this week is pink.  While I could use Jordan's shirt for pink, I took this photo at soccer on Saturday morning of Alex's teammate, Lawna.  She is the cutest little girl in her pink shorts and soccer socks.  I just love watching her play soccer.

Inspire Me

{February's Favorite Photo}
2012-02-10
We are asked to include our favorite photo from February this week.  Looking back I'd have to say this soft photo of my Valentine's Day (sort of ) flowers is my favorite.  It better be since I ordered a canvas of it.  :)
Chic Homeschool Mama

Hope you are having another fabulous week!  I can't believe February will end this week already!  Come on Spring!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful picture of you! And the spider web shot made me laugh, your kids sound very fun! Your dog looks very majestic in the snow :)

Rainey said...

I love the photo of you, despite the missing feet! From what I can see of your boots, they look really cool!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I really love the droplets and the flower shots!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great set. i love the water drops with the fabric background. well done.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Once again- another FABULOUS week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori @ Photograph Life said...

The snow is so beautiful with the green trees in the background!

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous week, love the web, and I really must try the water drop. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Such awesome shots. I love those cookies. Yummy!!

Light Trigger said...

great pictures!!!

Light Trigger

packmom said...

Wonderfully amazing photos. I really like the one of your dog in the snow.

Liz said...

Brilliant shots of a fabulous week. I LOVE the water shot. So clever.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

All are wondeful, Kimberly. LOVE the SP. You're beautiful. Love watching your kids and their activities, too. Hope you have a good week.

Tracey Washington said...

oh Kimberly! Thank you for linking up each week, it really makes me smile :) Gorgeous as usual! Have a good one and I should be posting tonight or tomorrow again... oi! playing catch up this week!