Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 02.26.12

Welcome to another Scavenger Hunt Sunday!  This week's items are Crossed, A glimpse, Handwritten, Bliss, and Gray.
All but one of my items this week are brought to you from our visit to the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium on Monday.  The kids didn't have school thanks to our presidents so we spent the day at the zoo.

{crossed}
crossed
This Sand Tiger Shark crossed over top of us as we walked through the shark tunnel.  Look at those teeth!  Yikes!

{a glimpse}
a-glimpse
Unfortunately this is usually all we see of the octopus while at the aquarium ... just a glimpse. He must be shy.  :)

{handwritten}
handwritten
My list to remind me what to hunt for.  (Kim Klassen's Embrace texture used.)

{bliss}
bliss
While I would love to say that our day at the zoo was pure bliss, I'd be lying.  Between all the whining, complaining, and fighting ... well, let's just say that I'll be going to the zoo alone the next time.  :)  However I did manage to get a half decent photo of all three kids together.  That, to me, is bliss. 

{gray}
gray
This is one of my favorite photos from our zoo visit.  I'm not sure what kind of ray this is (manta ray, maybe?), but he was pretty cool.

Be sure to head over to Ashley's to see more great Scavenger Hunt photos.  And if you'd like to play along next week, these are the items to hunt down ...
  1. Routine
  2. Music
  3. Technology
  4. Show Me Your Style
  5. Mismatch
Have a great week!

19 comments:

Laura said...

It's actually a new octopus at the aquarium. But we did see the old one out and creeping along the wall one time. So neat!

You got some really great aquarium photos! I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

Unknown said...

Look at the teeth on that shark! Awesome shot for being done through thick aquarium glass. It is a trick I haven't quit figured on while on my visits to the Newport Aquarium here in Oregon.

Abi said...

When I saw your thumbnail of the shark on Ashley's blog I just HAD to check out your site- and I'm so glad I did!! You did a great job of capturing the marine life there at the Aquarium... I almost feel like I was there... by myself :)

Ellie said...

What a great - and different - take on these subjects.
The teeth on that shark are fearsome - good shot and thats a lovely shot of your three children. Can't believe they gave you a hard time :))

LINDYLOR said...

I love the photo of the sand shark. Very neat

Unknown said...

Your aquarium shots are AMAZING! So beautiful!

Kmcblackburn said...

Oh my what big teeth you have! That is an amazing perspective and angle on that shark!

Stasha said...

Love your honesty :) Wonderful set though, well worth the visit to the ZOO!

Miranda@becomingmyideal said...

The picture of the shark is both captivating and terrifying at the same time! I also agree that the ray is very cool. Great pictures!

Unknown said...

Wow! Kimberly great set. The teeth on that shark...scary!

Ida said...

Fantastic set:
Crossed is totally awesome but those teeth are scary!
A Glimpse, Unique Perspective, to bad you didn't get to see the entire Octopus
Handwritten, Your Note is much cuter then my list I keep
Bliss - Lovely family photo but I did chuckle over your next visit to the zoo comment
Gray - Almost as cool as that shark.

Susan said...

Love your glimpse and the pretty paper for your list, and what a great shot of the ray!

Sara said...

Great themed set, love "crossed", gorgeous light reflected, but it's a bit scary!!

Daenel T. said...

What great pictures. Those shark teeth- Eep!

georgia b. said...

woh! that first shot is crazy cool!

i chose my kiddo for my bliss shot, too. it seems to be a universal theme for moms who are participating with this one... and for good reason.

love your photos! great blog.

Ashley Sisk said...

I agree with Georgia - that first shot is way too cool!

Amanda M. said...

Awesome photos!!

Skye said...

That shark is scary with all those teeth! Fabulous picture!! Wow!

Nukke said...

I like very much of your crossed, glimpse and gray photos !!!!!

Have a nice weekend !