Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, February 27, 2012

I Clicked it Up a Notch - February's Best Photo

Time for Courtney's monthly photo challenge where we show off how we clicked it up a notch.  This photo was taken just today, and I am so excited to show it off!
Baby gorilla
My friend, Laura, and I left the kids at home today and visited the Pittsburgh Zoo by ourselves.  And our cameras, of course.  It was a gorgeous day!  Our main mission was to see the new baby gorilla that was born on February 9, 2012.  And, as you can see, we were successful in our endeavors.  We stalked the gorilla exhibit for about an hour.  And then came back later to see them again.  It was difficult to get decent pictures because it is so dark and you need to photograph them through the glass windows.  (They will go outside once the weather warms up a bit.)  I'm so excited about this photo.  The way he looked up and appeared to be smiling.  I had to use a super high ISO and still had a slow shutter speed so it is a bit grainy, but this little guy is so adorable that those things don't even matter.  :)

Click It Up A Notch

12 comments:

Susan said...

This is so sweet Kimberly!! He looks like he's smiling...so cute! I just want to snuggle him. How fun to go to the zoo without the kids :)

Serendipityissweet said...

What a precious photo. Great job ;)

Unknown said...

What an adorable little face! My son would never let me go to the zoo without him!

Courtney said...

Your stalking was well worth it!! You even got catchlights in a baby gorilla's eyes!! I'm impressed!! He's adorable! How exciting you were able to go out with a friend and your cameras!!

Laura said...

I'm seriously so in love with this photo!!! I need to make a gorilla book and I think I might need this photo. :)

I'll be going back in a week or two and taking the kids.

Rain said...

seriously the best!!

Skye said...

What a sweet photo! Aww! I love the look on the baby's face! And you are so right ... those pictures are the hardest to take through that glass and poor lighting. Very well done!

Silvina Soave said...

espectacular imagen!! muy buena!!!. saludos y felicitaciones por el blog!

Melissa said...

It is just perfect! I love it!

Unknown said...

So, so cute!!!

Susan said...

What a great shot and what a cute baby! Love those eyes!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Great photography.
BRAVO!!!

Regards and best wishes