Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6 in Pictures

Another busy week has come and gone.  We're making great progress on the Great Kitchen Remodel.  The ceiling tiles are up, the drywall is up, mud applied, and primered.  Hopefully today we will get what needs painted done.  We don't need to paint much since most of it is getting covered by cabinets and backsplash.  Doug is hoping to get the floor put down today also.  Once the floor is down, we can call to bump up the delivery date on the cabinets.  Oh, and we ordered appliances this week also.

This week also brought with it a first for me ... I had to wash the dishes in the bathtub.  I never ever thought I'd have to do that.  :)  But it is hard to use the kitchen sink when it is sitting out on your front porch.  :)  I used two dishpans - one to wash and one to rinse.  Or at least put the clean dishes in until I rinsed them with fresh water.  It is so completely strange when one of your children asks you to stop washing dishes and get out of the bathroom because they need to go.  :)  Once the floor is down, Doug will make a temporary set up so we don't have to be without a kitchen sink.  I'm looking forward to that.  Although what I'm really looking forward to is that new dishwasher we ordered!  :)

Surprisingly I did manage to snap a few photos each day.  Here's what I found this week ...

{Sunday}
2012-02-05
Just a weed I came across while outside enjoying the sunshine.

{Monday}
2012-02-06
More sunshine!

{Tuesday}
2012-02-07
Went for a run/walk before dinner.  It was a great way to recharge.
Chic Homeschool Mama


{Wednesday}
2012-02-08
Winter returned.  At least for the day.  Honey and I walked around outside for a bit enjoying the snow.


{Thursday}
2012-02-09
Drink up is the theme for My 3 Boybarians Project 52 this week.  I drink mostly water and since water is pretty boring to photograph by itself, I added a strawberry.  And photographed it by the window in order to get some sunbursts.
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com


{Friday}
2012-02-10
While out shopping for some more things for the kitchen, Doug and I picked up a bouquet of flowers.  Happy Valentine's Day early, I guess.  :)  It has daisies, tiny pink roses, red carnations, pink lilies that I'm waiting to bloom, babies breath, mums, and some other flower that I have no idea what they are.  I just love fresh-cut flowers!




{Saturday}
2012-02-11
Now winter is back!  We got several inches of snow and blustery winds!  It was soooo cooooold!  Even so, the kids insisted on sledding for a bit on our neighbor's hill.  Alex cracked me up carrying his sled on his head.   (My submission for Inspire Me's red theme).

Inspire Me



Hope you have a wonderful, love-filled week!

20 comments:

karren said...

I love the carousel horse and also Honey in the snow. Awesome!

Rainey said...

Wow, these are all great, Kim! I love the carousel horse and the water glass!

Tracey Washington said...

I love all of these! Love the sun burst from Monday's photo... gorgeous. And the water, and the weed, and the flower. :) What a great week. Hope winter doesn't stay too long for you. Have a great week and Happy Valentine's Day!

Skye said...

I just LOVE that horse with the sun shot- wow!!! :)

Kmcblackburn said...

These are all fantastic...but my eye is drawn immediately to that last photo. Just that shot of red in the sea of white and tans is so appealing.

kathy

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my goodness- that flower is so beautifully dreamy!!!! I can only imagine what it's like going through a kitchen remodel like that. I can't wait to see the finished room!

Amanda said...

Love the sunburst pictures! You have shown me there are picture opportunities every where!!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

I like the reflection of trees in the glass and the textures on the strawberry

Erika B said...

Oh, love that red sled!

Erika B

Jasmine said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful!

Tamar SB said...

That flower! Wow! So jealous of your snow! Our winter has been a huge dud!

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are sooo gorgeous. I loved the first one, then the second, then the third. I kept liking them all. Great captures this week.

Unknown said...

Love the dog! And I'm impress with the waves in its hair! Also love how you capture the shine light in the glass! Beautiful job!
Please, visit us @
Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY
Thanks!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I love all of them, but my fave is Honey ... she's always beautiful in the snow.

Misty said...

Great pictures. I always love when you posts pictures of your dog. Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Nice! I love your Sunday shot...and Wednesday and Friday. And...well, I love them all. :)

Good luck with the rest of your project. Hopefully your bathroom dishes will soon be a thing of the past!

packmom said...

It is nice to have winter back. Great pictures this week. Love the last one. I want to go sledding!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your Friday flower macro is wonderful. Enjoy your shared Valentine's gift.

Annette said...

Oh my goodness! Jumping over here from P52...the picture of your water is simply beautiful! NICE shot!!

Annette said...

Oh my goodness! Jumping over here from P52...the picture of your water is simply beautiful! NICE shot!!