Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 02.12.12

First of all ... I need to wish my mom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Love you, Mom!

This week's Scavenger Hunt items are Facial Feature, Shadow, Spicy, Gold, and Fabric.  I honestly wasn't going to participate this week.  Between the Great Kitchen Remodel taking up a lot of time and all three kids being sick (just colds and lots of coughs), I wasn't sure I had it in me to get all the photos.  But since this is my favorite photo challenge of the week, I managed to find them all.  Even if I had to take the last two this morning.  :)

Anyway, here are my interpretations ...


{facial feature}
facial feature
I still think it is completely unfair that little boys get the longest lashes.  Plus all three of my kids have these sweet little freckles across their noses and cheeks.  Alex is even cute when he's being grumpy at me for taking his picture when he told me no.  :)


{shadow}
shadow
Winter is back!  After shoveling/sweeping the driveway yesterday afternoon, the kids wanted to go sledding down our neighbor's hill again.  Except this time it was very brisk and cold.  When the winds whipped up, the trees looked like mere shadows.  They didn't sled for long (Alex was the only one who could get all the way down the hill without stopping) and all three kids came in the house with pink, rosy cheeks that lasted all day.


{spicy}
spicy
This was probably the hardest prompt for me this week.  We didn't eat anything spicy, although we thought about going to lunch at Chili's yesterday.  Instead we decided to come home and eat sandwiches so Doug could get some more work done on the kitchen.  So instead of a photo of some yummy, spicy dish you get Simply Salsa Mix from Tastefully Simple.


{gold}
gold
Another view of the wine bottle that Doug found in our kitchen ceiling.  (Kim Klassen's Word texture used.)


{fabric}
fabric
The inside of my new jacket has this cool leopard (cheetah?) print.


I plan to spend the rest of today reading and relaxing.  Anyone want to borrow my kids for a few hours?  Hey, a girl can dream, right?


Be sure to stop over at Ashley's to see some more great pics from the Hunt.  And if you'd like to play along for next week, here's what to look for ...

  1. Love (Jenny Rain's suggestion)
  2. Duplicated (Jenny Rain's suggestion)
  3. Trend or Trending (Jenny Rain's suggestion: you might go to Twitter to identify topics that are trending and take a photo that symbolizes that trend)
  4. Paper (Honey Mommy's suggestion)
  5. Plastic (Honey Mommy's suggestion)

Have a great week!

19 comments:

stephanie g said...

I like the way you did spicy!

Michelle said...

All your photos were gorgeous, but Oh My... that shadow photo was absolutely gorgeous!! Great job!!

Rainey said...

Yay! Great job, Kim! I looove "Spicy" and "Shadow".

Susan said...

Nice shots. The first two did look quite cold! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Jen said...

Awesome photos!! I especially love that first one. I love the eyelashes!
Great set.

Unknown said...

I love the shadow picture!

Marissa said...

Great facial feature:)! And I like your take on the shadows.

Kmcblackburn said...

Captivated by your "facial feature". The lashes, the crop...beautiful.

Kathy

Bethany said...

Gorgeous shots, Kimberly! I love the first one, and the second one is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I like the wine bottle top. Cool. The freckles and eye lashes are so sweet.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my Kimberly- that first one- WOW!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Why do boys get long lashes like that? Love them!

scrapinbabygal said...

Hi! Totally agree with the long eyelashes cause my son has them as well!! Awesome photo of your son!!

Lori said...

Great set!` Love them!

Daenel T. said...

Isn't that eyelash thing unfair?

Great finds.

Lysha said...

Great set. Love the first shot.

Gretchen said...

Glad you participated this week! That first shot is a look I'm all too familiar with... great capture! Love the shadow shot... definitely looks like a day to snuggle indoors though!!!

BF said...

What a great set of shots you have! I really love the first 3, they all are creative and memorable!

Michelle said...

Great set, Kimberly. My favorites are facial feature and the leopard print in your jacket.