Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, February 17, 2012

Edit Me Challenge - Week 7

Every week I have good intentions of participating in the Edit Me Challenge, but lately my weeks have been flying by and I just didn't make time.  Today the kids are home from school and keeping themselves busy, so I took advantage of the few minutes I had to myself and played with this photo.

It was taken by Rosie at LeavesnBloom Photography.  I have admired Rosie's work for a while and am ever so grateful to her for sharing how she made her light box (which I finally just made a few weeks ago and have gotten much use of already).  She hosts a new link up called Color Me Weekly, which I have also been meaning to join.  One of these days I'll have all kinds of time and nothing to do.  Yeah, right.

Anyway, this is what I did to Rosie's lovely Scottish castle photograph ...
Week-07-edit
After a little tweaking in Adobe Camera Raw, I pulled it into Photoshop Elements and did the following ...
Ran a high pass filter
Added more sky by resizing the canvas
Added the postcard texture (the reason I needed more sky) from Shadowhouse Creations using the multiply blending mode because this photo just reminded me of a postcard.    (This texture was part of his January set in case you are interested in getting it.  And all his textures are free.)
Using a layer mask I lightened the texture from the middle of the photo, which is why it has a kind of vignette look.
Resized for web, sharpened, and added watermark.


That's it!  I can't wait to check out the other edits.  Have a great weekend!
Edit Me

7 comments:

Lindac said...

Great minds think alike lol.
I love the postcard look. It's a fab edit.

Linda
http://coachhousecraftingonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/02/editme-challenge-wk7.html

k*handtke said...

Perhaps it's the added canvas... the castle looks so stately! I like your added texture.

Jill said...

This is wonderful!

Silvina Soave said...

Ha quedado preciosa!!!saludos!!!!

Daogreer Earth Works said...

I adore this post card effect!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Scottish castles and postcards kinda go hand in hand don't they! Well done on making the edit quite unique and thanks for sharing some link love for ColorMe Weekly aswell. I'll look forward to you joining in some week - though I've been meaning to link in with your meme on a Wednesday aswell.

Shoni said...

Love your edit! Making it into a postcard is genius!