Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, February 17, 2012

Fitness Friday Update

Okay, it feels like Saturday to me because my kids don't have school today.  So now that I finally have my mind wrapped around the fact that it is indeed Friday, I can write my Fitness Friday update.  :)

Since my last update back in January (yikes!), I've been pretty consistent with my exercise.  Working out at home isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I just put my mind to it and make time in my day for some exercise.  I actually like not having to pack up and head to the gym every day.


Mostly I've been doing exercise DVDs.  The couple that I have right now are The Biggest Loser Cardio Max ...

and The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt.

I borrowed them both from the library, but since I was ordering something else on Amazon today, I went ahead and ordered them.  I like them that much.  Well, I like how I feel once I'm done doing them.  I don't really like how tired and sore my body gets while doing these exercises.  :)  

My opinion on the cardio DVD is that the level 2 cardio with Jillian should be the level 3 cardio.  The blonde (I think her name is Kim) does the level 3 cardio and I think it is the easiest of all 3 levels.  Jillian's is the hardest.  But with both of these DVDs I can customize what workouts I want to do and in what order.  So if I want to do level 3 first after the warm up, I can.  If I only have time for one segment, I can do that too.  Doing the whole thing (warm up, levels 1, 2, and 3, and cool down) takes about 50 minutes.

The plan right now is to do the Cardio DVD on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and the Power Sculpt DVD on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  Once the weather gets nice I do plan to start running again.  If I can squeeze a run in tomorrow, I just might.  It is supposed to be sunny and about 45 degrees.  That is great weather for running outside.

As far as eating goes, I'm still doing fairly well.  I did slip up this week and eat some chocolate from Valentine's Day.  But I don't plan to make a habit of that.  Logging my food and exercise into My Fitness Pal definitely helps.  I love finishing up my day with calories to spare.  I think only once in the last month did I go over my calorie count for the day.

Lastly, I'm down 4.5 pounds!  I still have a way to go and the scale still fluctuates, but I'm feeling better and making progress.  And I'm still plugging away at reading Made to Crave.  I haven't been able to keep up with the online study, but I'm still reading.

Well, that's it for me.  How are things going for you?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have that cardio dvd. Haven't tried the sculpt one though. Did you like it?

I'm still reading Made to Crave as well. I got a little bit behind while on vacation but not too much. It's really making me think about my comfort eating habits... you know... since I basically cut out all of my comfort foods. Geez. What was I thinking!

Hooray for losing! Go you!

grandmabish said...

That eraser shot is great! I agree, it seems like Sundays roll around every other day! Time flies.