Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #11

Hello!  And welcome to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  First off, let me apologize for not making it around to visit everyone who linked up last week.  I can't really blame it on anything other than our new Wii Fit Plus.  Or rather, my infatuation with it.  It is a great time waster.  BUT, I'm burning calories while wasting time so it's all good.  :)  Anyway, I'll try to do better this week!

My photos this week make me giggle.  I bought some party poppers for the kids to use on New Year's Eve.  But we didn't get to because Doug went to bed early, not feeling well, and we didn't want to be rude and wake him by making a bunch of noise.  So we just set them aside and had some quiet fun instead.  Last week the boys must have asked me every. single. day. when we were going to play with them.  So Saturday we finally had a chance.  I told them I wanted to try to get a photo of them popping.  I didn't get the photo I had pictured in my head, but the ones I did get just crack me up.

These are all basically SOOC because they weren't "great" photos and I didn't want to spend a lot of time editing them.  Just some sharpening and resizing for the web.

Now, I don't want you to pay attention to the party poppers.  I want you to see Alex's face as he's setting them off.  Even though his face is out of focus because I was focusing on the poppers, you can still see his expressions.
DSC_0056
I was using my 50mm lens and quickly learned that I needed to back up!  :)  That was a close one!  I love that you can see the smoke though.

DSC_0058 DSC_0059
He was having a little technical difficulty with this one.  :)

DSC_0061 DSC_0065
There we go!  But I missed the pop!

DSC_0066 DSC_0068
His face in these just cracks me up!

Capturing the poppers popping was extremely difficult.  I might have to go back to the dollar store and stock up so we can have some fun.  And so I can get the photo I was hoping for.

Here's the mess we were left with on the floor afterwards.
2012-01-07
As you may have guessed, this was my photo of the day on Saturday.

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!  It is just rude to link up and not comment, don'tcha think?).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective


Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      

25 comments:

AI Sakura said...

so fun! :) have a great week!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

Anonymous said...

Awww. How fun!!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

haha! I love his facial expressions. Too cute!

Unknown said...

Great expressions! I bet that's how I look when I pull those poppers!

momto8 said...

tis is what my 23 yr old daughter got her 4 younger brothers for Christmas persons..haha! I have seen that expression before! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

Nadege, said...

Love the facial expressions and that last shot...great composition and use of depth of field.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Got to love the facial expressions! Priceless!

Gretchen said...

LOVE the facial expressions! Looks like a lot of fun... You did pretty good at capturing the moment(s) too! Makes me wanna run out and get some...

Laura said...

Those are some good faces!

Kim said...

ohhh...how fun! I love that first smoking one. And the photo you chose for the day. Beautiful!

His face is priceless. Isn't that how everyone is when you know something's going to pop in your face. hehe...love that you captured it on film.

Torunn said...

So beautiful and creative photos! Wonderful expression and great fun. Have a super Wednesday.

Katie said...

Hahaha love his face!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my goodness- yes, that face is too funny!

Julie said...

I accidently entered twice because there was an error, so I did it again, and I posted the wrong link!! Yikes, I am hitting a home run so far. Here is the correct link. Thanks again for hosting!

http://www.myclothdiaperstash.com/2012/01/made-me-smile.html

Sherrie said...

Hi Kimberly,
Great snapshots! Party Poppers are fun. But the mess. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Chrystal Oates said...

Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Those popper things always terrified me. Truth be told I am 28 and still won't do them.

Great blog, I am your newest follower.

Chrystal

Anonymous said...

These are so fun. Love the expressions here. It's like a jack in the box response! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this perspective! And I love his slightly worried/slightly scared face, haha!

Rainey said...

Haha, I love it!

Bethany said...

Love these pics!

Melissa said...

Look at all those linking up! WOOHOO! I gotta join, too! And i will! Love his face in some of those pics! HAHA! :)

Can't wait to get a wii fit plus!

Unknown said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I love the expressions and the colors in the last one. Thank you for sharing Kimberly!

Michelle said...

The expressions are priceless! I love that you were able to capture him in the moment like that.

The Undomestic Mommy said...

I used to love those pop things when I was a kid, my girls are afraid of them lol.

mommy to many said...

HeeHee, I loved his expression! made me laugh out loud, i could almost here him through those pictures! i'll be joining you on this one! not sure if i' will have time to sneak my entry in this week though, sorry but will try!