Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Day in My Life ... or The Most Boring Post Ever

I thought I would try to do the 12 on 12 challenge today where you take a photo each hour for 12 hours.  But it quickly morphed into A Day in My Life.  Not the most exciting post, but this should give you a glimpse into what my days can be like being a SAHM.  I made most of the snapshots into collages so as not to bombard you with a gazillion photos.  You're welcome.  :)

My-Day-Collage-1
From left to right starting at the top ...
Breakfast, Nick leaving for school, Alex eating breakfast while watching a DVD on his player, time to Shred, shower and make up, played Wii bowling with Alex, played checkers, bath time, leftover pizza for lunch ...

My-Day-Collage-2
Read a book while eating lunch, waiting for the bus, sending Alex off to school, walked around and took some pictures of the raindrops, filled the bird feeder, started a load of laundry, Bible study time, did a little crafting, cleaned the bathroom sink ...

My-Day-Collage-3
Keira doing Wii fit before the boys get home, folding laundry, Scrabble Jr. with Alex, Happy mail (Shutterbuddy I won on a blog giveaway and Just Dance for the Wii), listened to Keira practice her violin, helped Nick with homework, grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper, happy to watch Keira wash the dishes :) ...

Kids doing Just Dance
Had a good time this evening trying out Just Dance on the Wii.  The kids had fun, but Nick was getting a little frustrated with it because it wasn't reading his movements and Keira kept winning.  :)  The "it's just for fun" pep talk didn't really work.

Pap and Maw
Doug's mom and dad stopped in for a quick visit right around bed time (on their way home from some errands).  Once I got the kids tucked in, Doug and I got to spend a little time with them.  It was a nice surprise.


This isn't everything I did today.  I didn't bother to photograph every little thing.  Like checking in on Facebook or blog visiting or making Alex's bed or feeding the dog.  I also spent some time putting some papers away in my office.  You can almost see my countertop now.  :)  Tomorrow it will be cleaned off completely.  I am determined.


I might try to do this again maybe next quarter just to see how much of my day has changed. Or not.  :)

10 comments:

rebecca said...

what a fun collection of photos!! :)

Misty said...

Aaw! I loved this peak into your day. So glad you finally got your Shutterbuddy. I was going to do the 10 on 10 but when the day rolled around I just really lacked the desire to do it. Maybe next month....

Laura said...

That was fun Kim! It was nice to see what your day looks like and I have to say it was more interesting than mine haha.

EMily said...

Sounds like you are busy! We don't have a proper table, because it would just home all the papers and junk mail we collect!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a super day, not boring at all!!

Melissa said...

That is a great series of pics! Your in-laws are cute. :)

Gretchen said...

Busy day!! And looks like you fit in quite a bit of fun too! =)

deb duty said...

I wasn't boring at all! I enjoyed seeing your day in photos. I love the bus in the rain pic. And wow you really got your faucet shiny and clean! The raindrops in the grass are really pretty too.

Michelle said...

I love this post, Kimberly. I can imagine the work that went into putting it together...but oh, to look back one day and have this in your photo memories...it's something you'll truly appreciate. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it a lot.

mommy to many said...

love these! we got Wii for the kids (and hubby ) for Christmas....they LOVE it! will have to look into the wii fit!
i'll be joining you for your Wednesday photos