Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 4 in Pictures

Almost the end of January and so far so good on my third year of Project 365/366.  Some days are still tougher than others, but I managed again this week.  Let's take a look, shall we?

{Sunday - Let It Snow/Winter for Be Inspired}
2012-01-22
If you recall, last week's pictures showed me trying to photograph all "four" of my kids posing for the camera, which doesn't usually work out so well.  Capturing them in action does though.  And I think I like it better.  :)  We asked our neighbors if we could sled on their hill for a change of scenery.  They said of course and watched us the whole time (you can see Mr. R. in the window).  I guess we were pretty entertaining.  In this photo, Keira and Nick were attempting a train and it wasn't working out so well.  Alex was having no part of it, while Honey was trying to get in on the fun.  (Although she won't get on a sled, she will run down beside you and bite at your feet).
Inspire Me

{Monday}
2012-01-23
This winter has brought with it some crazy weather.  Today it warmed up and rained a good part of the day, melting most of the snow.  :(  But we were blessed with this double rainbow.  In January!!!  The outer one is a little harder to see, but it is definitely there.

  
{Tuesday}
2012-01-24
While grocery shopping, I saw these little primrose plants for 99 cents.  This yellow one was so cheery looking.  I thought it would brighten up the sometimes dreary days winter brings.

{Wednesday - self portrait for My 3 Boybarians Project 52}
2012-01-25
So, yeah, I had an idea in my brain to capture myself while exercising.  I set up my camera and my 50mm lens (which I need to manually focus) on my tripod and got busy.  But I was unable to get a focused shot after many, many attempts.  Mental note - it is hard to get the focus correct when there is no one there to focus on.  :)  So anyway, you get an out-of-focus shot of me exercising to Just Dance on the Wii.
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

{Thursday - Close for Project 366 Rewind}
2012-01-26
Woke up to icy rain, so Alex and I decided to go for a nature walk.  (I know, WHAT?!?!  Why would you go for a walk in the rain?!?!)  :)  My ulterior motive was to capture some icy photos ... I was able to get a few before the ice melted.  These little icicles were hanging on the side of my neighbor's tractor.
Chic Homeschool Mama

{Friday}
2012-01-27
Finally got around to setting up my light box for Ashley's and Branson's Tutorial Tuesday.  So I spent some time playing.  I think the hardest part was figuring out what to photograph.  :)

{Saturday}
2012-01-28
Doug took Alex to get a new car for his train (you can see another photo in my Scavenger Hunt set).  He decided on a Polar Express stock car to go with his Polar Express train.  The train is now set up again in his bedroom.  We seem to set it up for a couple weeks, then get tired of it and put it away.  Then get it back out again a month or so later, etc. etc.  Anyway, he wanted me to take some pictures of his new train car so ...  :)


A kitchen update for those who are interested ... Doug and I went in on Wednesday to get the cabinets ordered only to find out that we needed to have an installer come out and confirm the measurements before we could order.  He was here on Saturday morning (Doug was working on Thursday and Friday) and was a great guy to talk to.  He gave us a few suggestions and ideas.  And I got to look through his book of before/after pictures and ooh and aah over the beautiful kitchens.  :) 


Shortly after he left (and after the trip to the hobby shop for Alex's train car), Doug moved the refrigerator to the dining room and started ripping out cabinets.  Today he took down the ceilings.  Yes, ceilings ... as in more than one.  Apparently when the previous owners wanted to update the ceiling, they just put a new one over top of the old one.  There were four ceilings total in our kitchen.  Each one was uglier than the last.  :)  Next week you'll get to see one of the interesting objects he found in the ceiling.


Gosh, don'tcha hate teasers like that?  :)


So we are adjusting to where everything is now.  Almost nothing is where it should be.  Which is sometimes frustrating.  But it is only temporary.  Hopefully we'll go in today to order the cabinets and get them going.  In the meantime, Doug has lots of work to do to keep him busy.  Floor, walls, ceiling, wiring, plumbing.  It's a good thing he knows how to do all that!


Have a great week!

12 comments:

Jill said...

These are wonderful! Love that first action shot.

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- snow & a rainbow!!!! Then go & throw in that fabulous shot of the spools- AWESOME set Kimberly! (& I think I may need to come visit for a while)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Such gorgeous shots. I love them all especially the first one and your light box shot. Beautiful job. Thanks for linking up.

Susan said...

Great set! How cool to have snow and a rainbow in the same week! Love the snow shot and the pretty threads.

~ Have fun with your remodel! Looking forward to seeing the before, during and after’s.

Lori said...

I love them all, even the one out of focus!
Great job!

Tamar SB said...

These are all gorgeous! Love the spools of thread and the rainbow!! Have another great week!

Ellie said...

Great shots - particularly the first one. Your children looks as if they are having so much fun.

Poppy said...

Great photos! I'm looking forward to following your blog!

Have a wonderful day!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

who's having more fun your children or your dog??!!

excellent shot of the threads ~ I have been wanting to make a light box, just didn't get to it yet.

Melissa said...

LOVE that snow pic! So cute of the kids & honey!

Also love the Just Dance pic of you! Even if it is blurry - it looks kinda cool! :)

Skye said...

That first picture- What a GREAT shot! LOve it!

Tracey Washington said...

Awesome! Thanks for linking up... Love the snow!