Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 01.29.12

In the midst of the dust flying during the great kitchen remodel, I managed to hunt down this week's items ... Smile, Stand alone, Rusty or Something old, Artificial, and Repeating pattern.  

Here are my interpretations ...

{smile}
smile
Doug promised Alex a while back that he'd buy him a new train car.  That exciting event happened on Saturday.  It is a Polar Express stock car (surprise!  Alex LOVES The Polar Express).  Since the doors open on both sides, I thought it would be cool to capture his excited face through the train car.  Just look at that smile!

{stand alone}
stand-alone
I finally managed to find some time to make a light box by following Rosie's instructions.  Since one of my goals this year is to learn to sew, I chose to photograph a lone bobbin.
Tutorial Tuesday

{rusty or something old}
rusty-or-something-old
This is an old button holer from a really old sewing machine that I no longer own.  Why I still have the button holer, I can't say.  Except that I needed something to photograph for this prompt.  :)

{artificial}
artificial
A bouquet of artificial daisies that resides in my dining room.

{repeating pattern}
Repeating pattern - selfie
Had a little fun with Big Huge Labs Pop Art Poster action.


Be sure to head over to Ashley's to see more great photos!  And if you'd like to play along next week, the items to hunt down are:

  1. Strike a Pose
  2. Footwear
  3. Hobby
  4. Shiny
  5. Color Me Green

Have a great week!

21 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope your kitchen remodel is going well. Nice set...my favorites this week are the bobbin and your son's smile through the train.

Jill said...

These are terrific!

Susan said...

Nicely done. I especially love that smile.

Rainey said...

Cool shots!! I like the last one and the button holer!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love the daisy and your repeating pattern!

Hanizeyecandy said...

love your interpretation especially the stand alone photo

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love that bobbin- well done!

Kaylene said...

Great photography and editing.

Anonymous said...

Good job! Stand alone is so simple and pretty!

Deanna said...

Love that smile...what a cutie and your bobbin shot is great!!

Unknown said...

Love the photos of sewing notions! Great set!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Great set and what fun you had at big huge labs. Yeah you made the lightbox too! I used to sew all the time but the hardest part for me learning to sew was getting the bobbin thread sorted in the machine!

Ashley Sisk said...

I haven't even gotten to most of the scavenger hunt, but I really love what you did with the lightbox. Great work.

Unknown said...

Love your interpretations! Your smile shot is so creative. :)

Anonymous said...

Such great shots. I love the second and fourth photos.

Gretchen said...

Great Set Kimberly!! I like the smile shot... great idea! AND the bobbin... love the simplicity of that one!! Hope the kitchen remodel is going well!! =)

Holly said...

Love that stand alone picture!

Sacha♥ said...

what a clever shot! they are so creative and clever. well done :)

Terrie said...

Great series! Love your repeating pattern :) and your light box shot - visiting from tutorial tues & really enjoying seeing how everyone broadened their horizons.

Unknown said...

These are fantastic! Love your lightbox photo!!

Vhen said...

what a wonderful set of photos!

http://thelayugan.blogspot.com/2012/02/scary-fish.html