Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #7

Welcome back to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  I'm glad you are here!

One of our family traditions during the Christmas season is to visit the Hartwood Acres light display.  We were able to go last Thursday, which turned out to be a great night to go.  It wasn't busy at all, which is great with three not-so-patient kids and one not-so-patient husband.  :)

Usually Doug drives but this year he still wasn't feeling well (getting over bronchitis) so he asked me to drive.  I wondered how I was going to be able to photograph the lights and drive, but it worked out pretty well.  I just stopped when I wanted to photograph something.  And my pictures turned out better this year than in previous years when Doug was driving.  I think because I waited until I was completely done clicking before driving away.  :)  Here are some of the displays ...

DSC_0001
Of course, I had to photograph the train for Alex.  Another train was my photo of the day on December 8.

DSC_0002
Since this is a drive-thru display and you are not allowed to get out of your car (except for an emergency restroom stop), I couldn't get very creative with my photos.  Except to capture a little light bokeh.

DSC_0007

DSC_0009

DSC_0011

DSC_0013

DSC_0015
These candy canes are right before The Twelve Days of Christmas display.  So we always have to sing the song on the way through.  Which then makes the kids have to sing the song for several days afterward.  Which then makes mom have to look for some earplugs.  :)

DSC_0019
Last year or maybe the year before when we went to see the lights I had such a nasty headache that this tunnel made me want to vomit.  I had to cover my eyes until we were through it.  The kids had a good time reminding me of that fact.  How they remember stuff like that I'll never know.  :)

DSC_0025
This globe was a new display this year.  I wish I had gotten a better photo of it but we had a bus full of senior citizens behind us so I couldn't stop for too long.

DSC_0030
This tunnel is at the end of the park.

holiday-lights
And I know I shared this photo for Scavenger Hunt Sunday but I really like it.  This mansion is always so pretty all lit up.  As I was looking through my photos for the hunt, I thought this would look cool with one of my moon photos in the sky.  All I did was add it as a layer and place it where I wanted it.  Since both photos had a black background, it blended right in.  Too bad the moon wasn't really right there in the sky that night.  :)


Okay, now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!


A Fresh Perspective



Also linking up with these beautiful ladies:

NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}   

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cool shots. The tunnel ones made me dizzy. Ha ha.

Susan said...

What an amazing light diplay! Great shots...the tunnels are my favorites. I've been meaning to link up with you for a while now, glad I finally had a little time too :)

Desirae R said...

This place looks really cool!

Erika Price said...

WOW! Wish my night light shots were half as great as these!

Grandma Deal said...

These Christmas lights photos are absolutely wonderful.

EMily said...

Wow..what a place, and I love what you did with that last photo!

Cordial Chaos said...

Very pretty! I love Christmas lights!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my goodness- that red tree & those tunnels- WOW! And you know that I love that last one :)

Saun said...

Awesome great shots!

barefoot mama said...

Stunning..I'm in love with that last photo:) Barefoot Mama

Unknown said...

These shots are amazing! I love the arch with the blue trees, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

barefoot mama said...

I enjoyed every one of the blogs that are linked up here. So many beautiful photos and lovely inspirational, heartfelt bloggers. Great group of Mamas! ~ Barefoot Mama

Gretchen said...

Such wonderful shots!! We want to find a drive-thru light display thingy too... this one looks very cool. Love the tunnels, but maybe not so much with a migraine! =P