Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Celebrated my birthday today with breakfast at Panera with Alex (and Laura and Mike), shopping at Kohl's for a few things for myself, then Doug brought home dinner from one of my favorite restaurants.  He also bought me two bouquets of flowers (roses, daisies, and carnations) and an Amazon gift card, 'cuz that's what I told him I wanted.

December 14


He handed me this huge box after dinner.  As I held it, I thought it was pretty light for being such a big box.  The smirk on his face told me he was toying with me.  As I finally got into the box through the super strong packing tape that he used, I was greeted by brown packing paper.  Lots of it.  Wrapped around my gift card many, many times.  The kids kept trying to guess what my gift was.  Nick thought it was a pillow at one point since that was the shape of the packaging.  Once I finally got through the multiple layers of packaging, I was delighted to find the gift card.  


Doug prefers I not know what I'm getting for birthdays/Christmas.  He likes to surprise me.  But I keep telling him that I prefer to get something I will use every day (like a new lens) as opposed to something that will sit on a shelf and collect dust (like another carousel horse - even though I love them).  I guess he finally listened.  :)


With the gift card he gave me, along with the others that I had bought recently with the money I got for winning the photo contest and for taking pics of a friend's baby (she totally surprised me by giving me money since I did it for free so I could practice), I finally had enough to buy a new lens.  It has been ordered and will be on its way soon.  I can't wait!


Finished up the day with a phone call from my mom.  She's as bad as me when it comes to sending cards :), but she always calls me on my birthday.


And just so you know ... I had fully intended on posting a self-portrait today in honor of my birthday, but it was so dark and rainy all day today that I just wasn't able to get a decent photo.  I did try though.  Maybe tomorrow.  So today you get to see one of the flowers from Doug.  With a little Christmas tree bokeh in the background.  :)

9 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! I love your rose/bokeh picture, and good job on using your gift cards right away!

Melissa said...

That's my husband's wish - an Amazon gift card. Haha! It is a GREAT gift - so many things you can get there!

YAYYYY for a new lens!

And flowers! And surprises! You have a good man! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful photo :)

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday to you, hope you had a great day - sounds like you did :)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had a nice day. Your rose photo is beautiful!

Laura said...

Yay! I think you will REALLY love you new lens. I think it will fit you well. :)

Katie said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! Here's to many more :)

barefoot mama said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, sweet lady!! What kind of lens? I am so glad you had a lovely day:) ~ Brooke

Gretchen said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend it! What lens did you order?? So exciting! Ok... I'm FINALLY spending some time visiting blogs tonight, but fading quickly... so...