Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #5

Welcome back to Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  I have a little bit of wild and a little bit of wonderful to share with you this week.  I'll let you decide which you think is which.  :)

Geese
Saturday morning Keira and I ventured out to purchase her a brand-spankin' new violin.  On the way home, we stopped at a local conservancy to see what we could see.  These geese were hanging out by the pond.  We were able to get pretty close to them and they never hopped in the water.  Maybe it was too cold?  :)

Reflection
This is the pond they were sitting by.  Oh how I miss the beautiful colors of autumn already.

Last few leaves
Although I did get to see a little color left on our walk on Friday.  These leaves were still hanging on and the light caught my eye.

Sweet pony
And our sweet friendly pony was out again.  She just loves people it would seem.  We didn't go pet her this time because there was a huge puddle between us and her.  And no way around it.  :)

New violin
Last, I was playing around with photographing Keira's new violin under the Christmas tree.  I pictured in my mind the lights sparkling off of it creating a beautiful glow.  Didn't happen.  So I opted for a different view.  And I shot it in black and white just for kicks, then added a layer of golden brown to make it sepia-ish.  Finally, I added a layer of Kim Klassen's Phoebe texture.  Her theme is Gratitude this week.  I am grateful for many things, one of which is that we had the money set aside to purchase Keira a new violin and return the rental.  She will be playing the new violin until her fingers bleed.  And then a little bit more.  :)


Okay, now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  And please be patient with me as I try to visit each of you who link up this week.  I have a busy schedule and will do my best to stop by soon!
5.  Please bear with me while I work out the kinks of my new photo party!  Thanks!
6.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective


Also linking up with these beautiful ladies:
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}   

19 comments:

alicia said...

Beautiful photos! Really love the reflection in that second one.

Ashley Sisk said...

I don't know - I think it's all wonderful.

Susan said...

Wow...these were all just great!!

Nadege, said...

I think they are all wonderful, especially the pony, so cute.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

sounds like a good week to me! and you capture some wonderful shots to prove it

The Sisters' Hood said...

Cannot pick a fav!
We just raised a family of ducks - in our pool ;)

deborah said...

Beautiful photos all, but the violin captures my heart!

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous. Love them all.

Gina Kleinworth said...

They all make me want to come visit you & do a photo walk together- but that second one blows me away! SO PRETTY!

Carmen and Rachelle said...

Oh my goodness...I cannot say how much I LOVE these photos! They are simply breath-taking! -Rachelle

Michelle said...

I love that reflection in the second photo and the little pony :)

Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are beautiful photographs Kimberly, especially the violin.
Thank you for hostessing!

Gretchen said...

Another wonderful collection!! I'm drawn to reflections right now... and you've done a wonderful capture here!! =D

Cordial Chaos said...

Beautiful shots!

Pat said...

Beautiful photos! I love the violin.

Connie Smiley said...

Beautiful shots, and the violin in black and white is just stunning! All the best to Keira as she practices.

Shanna said...

The photo of the violin is a favorite becuase my daughter used to play and it brings pleasant memories. Lovely processing.

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely!The processing in that last one is wonderful!