Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Take Heart!

November 13
(Photo of the day - November 13 - ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/60s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D3100)
This is our verse for the week in our weekly Bible study.  It comes at the very end of the 16th chapter of John when Jesus has just spent a great deal of time teaching his twelve disciples and explaining that He will be leaving them soon.

Sheila Walsh writes in her book, The Shelter of God's Promises:
"What may seem to be discouraging to us, Jesus offers as encouragement.  There is nothing that can happen to you today or tomorrow that hasn't passed through the merciful hands of God.  Even when we suffer for a time, we will always be victorious because of the battle Christ has won.  So take heart and have courage; we are strong women of God because He gives us His strength."

We were never promised as Christians that life would be easy.  But we do have the promise that God has already won the battle and overcome the world.

5 comments:

karren said...

I love that photo and the scripture is one of my faves!

Lil said...

Beautiful pic and scripture!

oldrunningfox. said...

A meaningful text and a wonderful portrayal of God's creation to complement it. Thanks.

Misty said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo and a powerful verse! I love it!