Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 11.13.11

Time once again for Scavenger Hunt Sunday!  I had a fun time searching out this week's items, which are: Before & after (processed image), Opposing lines, Custom bokeh, Which pair of shoes should I wear?, and Little features.  And here are my interpretations ...


{before & after ... before}
before-and-after - before

{before & after ... after}
before-and-after - after
I ran The CoffeeShop Blog's Velvet Truffle action then added a texture from Shadowhouse Creations.
Photography love...

{opposing lines}
opposing-lines
I bought this huge wicker chair at a yard sale this summer with the intentions of freshening it up with a coat or two of paint.  Hasn't happened yet.  :)  Although the way it looks now is starting to grow on me.  Kind of rustic.  Maybe.


{custom bokeh}
custom-bokeh
This was a tricky one for me.  I tried some outdoor shots but couldn't get the bokeh to work right.  So, much to my kids' delight, I broke out the Christmas lights a little early and played.  For this particular bokeh I used a 3-flower punch which is why the shapes are different.  (And I'm finally finding another use for a few of those scrapbooking supplies I have!)  :)


{which pair of shoes should I wear?}
which-pair-of-shoes
The white horse asks the brown horse.  To which the brown horse replies, "Probably the same ones you always wear."  haha!  (Yeah, I know, but I didn't take anything else that worked with this prompt.)  :)

{little features}
little-features
While on the bike trail on Wednesday, Alex took a break from biking to play with some leaves.  His little hands look a little beat up.  The life of my boy.


Thanks for checking out my hunt items!  Next week's items are:

  1. Mainly One Color
  2. Around the Home (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Reflection (Kamana's suggestion)
  4. Writing (Kamana's suggestion)
  5. Water (Kamana's suggestion)

Have a great week!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, opposing lines, wonderful; bokeh, marvelous; shoe, - I am still laughing, and will be for a while. Fabulous interpretation! Happy Sunday.

Brooke said...

Kimberly - these are ALL FANTASTIC!!!! I'm blown away by your take on lines. So creative.

Unknown said...

Kimberly what an amazing set! Love them all! Your opposing lines and before and after particularly caught my eye!

Ashley Sisk said...

Love the first shot - it's beautiful.

4 Lettre Words said...

Your bokeh turned out so great, Kimberly...love it. And the texture on "after" is really beautiful!

SarahinSC said...

Your opposing lines shot is great. Your little guy's hands are just precious. And your bokeh turned out great!

Saun said...

Awesome, great set love them all.

Susan said...

Oh, I love both your before and after! Such pretty (and colorful) bokeh. Cute shoe interpretation too. :-) Hope you have a great week.

Misty said...

Great interpretations. I always look forward to your photos.

Tamar SB said...

I just love your opposing lines shot - stunning!!

Ellie said...

Your shots are amazing as usual. What a clever take on opposing lines and I really love your Christmas lights - looks magical.

Kim Stevens said...

Love your edit, your bokeh turned out perfect and I got a nice chuckle from the shoe one! Thanks!

Gina Kleinworth said...

You know I love them all but I think you did an amazing job with the custom bokeh!

Anonymous said...

Those sure are little boy hands...rough and tumble. Great shots.

Renegades said...

The detail in your after shot is amazing!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

great job editing the before and after ~

Sara said...

Great set, gorgeous leaf photo for before/after, love those lines and bokeh, I like your take on shoes! Love those little features!

Kat Sloma said...

Love the lines! I like the texture of that chair. Are you sure you want to paint it? :) Thanks for sharing this in Exploring with a Camera!