Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, November 14, 2011

Photo of the Day: November 14

November 14 textured
ISO 800, f/7.1, 1/200s, 18-55mm lens on Nikon D3100 w/10x macro filter
Some days are so busy it is all I can do to get my photo of the day posted.  Today was one of those days.  And looking ahead at this week's calendar, there will not be much down time again.  *sigh*  I'm really longing for simpler days.  It is all good stuff I'm busy with, but I prefer to have some time to just relax and read a book or visit blogs or perhaps watch a movie without feeling guilty about something else I should be doing.  So if I don't visit you or participate in many link ups this week, you'll know why.


Anyway, enough boo hooing.  I took this photo this afternoon while searching outside for something, anything to photograph.  :)  I placed a lone acorn on our picnic table and played around with my macro filter.  Some photos I was really close; some, like this, I zoomed out and left more blank space.  I preferred this shot.  But it needed some texture, so I added two layers of Kim Klassen's Phoebe texture (one with a multiply blend mode and one with a soft light blend mode) and one layer of Aurora (soft light).  Mouse over to see the non-textured version.


And with that, I am going to bed.  Tomorrow is another busy day.
kimklassencafe     

20 comments:

deb duty said...

This look really great! The texture works nicely with this image. And congrats on winning the contest! That's wonderful to have your photo on a visiter's guide!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Simple beauty at it's best. Love it!

ju-north said...

Beautiful image!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the simple elegance of the acorns shape and texture. Your texture work is stunning.

Ashley Sisk said...

Love the composition and the texture is perfect.

Deb said...

Congratulations on your contest win!
Love the acorn image/processing.

Cindy said...

I love the simplicity of this (and I like acorns too!). I think you have given me my subject matter for next week's TT!

Angie said...

I, too, love the simplicity of this image and the composition as well. Its really lovely.

Rosie Grey said...

This is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of your shot and your texture processing!

Jaymi said...

I really love the texture in this shot! Great job!

Tara said...

Beautiful, and I love the texture you used!

Kristin said...

Nice job. I like the negative space and the texture totally makes it!

Mary Ann said...

Lovely!

kareninkenai said...

Beautiful image and composition; the texture is lovely. Thanks, kareninkenai

Gretchen said...

Wonderful! Busy here too... I'm ready for the weekend!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love it!

Misty said...

I love love LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful!

Pat said...

You have made one acorn so beautiful!

Unknown said...

amazing composition!

Light Trigger: our entry