Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, November 4, 2011

Shades of Purple

When I saw purple on the list of colors to find for the Shades of Autumn photo challenge, I was concerned that I wouldn't have anything.  Most purple things in Western Pennsylvania withered and faded months ago.  But after keeping my eyes open, I was pleasantly surprised with what I was able to find this fall.

Like these flowers outside our local public library ...
Library flowers
(Photo taken a few weeks ago when my good friend, Laura, and I were on a photo walk downtown.)

Or these withering flowers on my hillside ...
Purple flowers textured
(Photo taken on Halloween day.)  Kim Klassen's Granny's Cupboard texture added.

Or these flowers outside a local store that I was surprised to see still hanging on ...
Grocery store flowers
(Photo taken yesterday.)

I noticed these flowers at my boys' school today when I stopped in ...
School flower
so we went back up this evening to photograph them ...

along with these shrubs that are a gorgeous shade of plum ...
School shrubs

I couldn't decided which view I preferred, so I included them both.  :)
School shrubs2

Lastly, my daughter, Keira, has this purple robe that she pulls out when the weather cools off.
Keira
Photo of the day - November 4 - ISO 200, f/5.3, 1/160s, 18-105mm lens on Nikon D3100


And she agreed to model it for me.  


So I guess purple wasn't so difficult to find after all.  :)

Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge  and then, she {snapped} Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk PhotoStory Friday
                                                                        Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
                Weekly Top Shot

Also, just a reminder that I started my own photo link up party this week called Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  You can still link up this week and I'd love it if you'd play along next week.  The rules are very simple - link up a photo (or photos) that you think are wild and/or wonderful.  Easy peasy!



A Fresh Perspective

15 comments:

Rainey said...

What a pretty picture of Keira!

Goes to show you that Western PA isn't all brown and cruddy at this time of year if you really look.

barefoot mama said...

That last photo is amazing! Barefoot Mama

Daenel T. said...

All of your pictures are absolutely lovely. Your daughter has beautiful eyes.

deb duty said...

Gorgeous photos! You found all kinds of purple! I still haven't found my purple shot. I may have to skip this one. The photo of your daughter is just stunning. She is gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Thanks so much for linking up!!! I'll link up with your challenge this week! I love these--all so dreamy. The purples are beautiful! Beautiful DOF on all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful purple!! Very nice photos.

Satakieli said...

These are so beautiful! Your daughter is gorgeous, what a lovely photo!

Thanks for taking part in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge :)

Susan said...

What great purple finds, I love the flowers! And that looks like a very warm robe indeed!

alicia said...

Lovely captures for purple week. Each one so beautiful and yet so different... Job well done.

Cordial Chaos said...

Beautiful pics!

Unknown said...

Amazing purple shots! The varied colors are lovely. Thank you for sharing!

Katie said...

Love the texture on the withered flowers!

the hollie rogue said...

i especially liked the textures you used and the last one with your daughter's gorgeous eyes!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

So many great captures! You found purple everywhere!
Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. On Friday, we'll be moving on to "brown". Hope to see you then! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Your portrait of the lovely young woman is outstanding! Thank you for participating in 'Weekly Top Shot,' this week!