Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, November 11, 2011

How We Spent Our Morning

This Veteran's Day we got up early and headed out in the cold and snow to watch a parade.
DSC_0001B&W
We got bundled up so we wouldn't freeze.  It didn't work.  :)  It was cooooooold!
DSC_0005
We played a little before the parade started.
DSC_0011
The kids got tired of having their pictures taken and tried to get me to stop.  I didn't.  Even when they threw leaves at me.  :)

Finally the parade started.
DSC_0015
We saw some Marines.

DSC_0021


DSC_0029
And lots of American flags.

DSC_0037
We listened to a few marching bands.

DSC_0040
And saw some pretty flag girls.

DSC_0052
The horse-drawn wagon is always a big hit with the kids.

DSC_0063
So were the Army Jeeps.

DSC_0070
Alex loves the drums.

DSC_0073
This Steelers truck was a HUGE hit with my boys.

DSC_0078
And they always love to see the firetrucks too.

DSC_0090
Photo of the day - November 11 - ISO 400, f/5.3, 1/30s, 18-55mm lens on Nikon D3100
We came home with several pockets full of parade loot.  Those Veterans sure to throw some good candy!  :)

Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that is GREAT loot! :) I am loving all the fall colors and leaves in your photos, absolutely gorgeous.

Misty said...

Looks like a blast!

Roan said...

A wonderful parade series. Those horses are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am in awe of that Steelers truck! I can't imagine being that big of a fan!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a great way to spend the holiday- I love the flag girl (used to be one & march in parades) and I love the Marines- so touching!!

Laura said...

That IS some serious candy for a parade!

Cathy H. said...

Wow! I love the way you captured the parade; up-close. It looks like you have a very fun day. That reflection in the tuba is pretty cool! The photos of your children are fantastic!!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful parade collection!! Makes me really miss a nice, small town parade!! My kids had to go to school... which is why I went to work. Staying home and watching a parade... even if cold sounds so much more fun! I think my favorite is the tuba shot, btw... though they are all wonderful! =)