Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkins ... Edited

Welcome back to the EDIT version of Shoot & Edit.  This week's theme is pumpkins.  I showed you my SOOC shots on Monday and here are my edits ...


Pumpkins2-EDIT
I was very pleased with my SOOC shots this week (I must finally be learning!), so my edits are very subtle.  For all of them I just opened in ACR and slightly increased blacks, clarity, and vibrance.  Then did the normal high pass filter and resized for web.


Pumpkins3-SOOC     Week 41 - Pumpkins SOOC
Pumpkins3&4-EDIT
On Keira's photo, I also increased exposure just a tad and did some retouching on her face.


Pumpkins5-EDIT
I must say, now that I see my edits posted, I prefer the SOOC versions.  They seem more colorful to me.  Something seems to happen when I save them for web viewing.  I will be looking into that more today to see why that is.

Pumpkins1-SOOC

I preferred the SOOC version of this photo.  Again, when I edited it and saved it for web viewing, it lost some color.  :(


Anyway, that's it for me.  Hope you have a fabulous Thursday!
Good to WOW
Be sure to head over to Ashley's today to see more great pumpkin edits!

8 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done and I think you made the right choose on the last shot.

Unknown said...

Great edits and I love that last SOOC shot!

Anonymous said...

great edits! lovely pictures

Sara said...

Yes, that last shot is absolutely gorgeous!! ;)

Gretchen said...

I've noticed that too on occasion. Let me know if you find out an answer!!!

Anonymous said...

You have some nice shots here. Really like the last one.

Unknown said...

The last shot is beautiful SOOC, the color and depth of field are lovely. I had the same problem with my edits for this week. I think I must be learning too :o). That and the colors of pumpkins and fall just don't need too much help.

Cedar said...

That last photo is really impressive...editing is not needed! Great set of photos!