Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkins ... SOOC

Pumpkins is the theme this week for Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW!  We had no problem finding pumpkins to photograph since we have about 18 on our deck.  All those trips to the pumpkin patches, farm tours, and fall festivals, I guess.  :)
GoodtoWow2
As usual, I couldn't narrow my selection down to just one.  So here are a few SOOC pumpkin shots from our neck of the woods.
Pumpkins2-SOOC
Alex is proving to be my most difficult to photograph these days as he doesn't stay still for long.

Pumpkins3-SOOC
Keira is usually my most cooperative.  She loves being my model.  Look at those beautiful blue eyes!  

Pumpkins4-SOOC
This photo of Nick completely captures his personality.  He's a fun-loving boy!  And a bit of a goof ball.

Pumpkins5-SOOC
Trying to get a photo of all three kids together is most challenging.  This is the only one I got where they are all looking at me and someone doesn't have their eyes closed or a goofy look on their faces.  Although Nick looks a little stiff to me.  :)

Any advice on how to get kids to cooperate?  I try to tell jokes to get them to relax, but I usually end up with strange looks or goofy faces.  Maybe it is just since I'm their mom.  Maybe I'll try taking pictures of other people's kids and see how that works out.  :)

Pumpkins1-SOOC
Nicholas really liked this photo of the pumpkins.  He said, "Wow, Mom.  That's neat how the front pumpkin is in focus and the others are blurry.  How did you do that?"  :)  I'm surprised he noticed that.  Maybe we'll have another photographer in the family some day.
Through the Lens of Kimberly Gauthier


That's it for me today.  Make sure to head over to Jill's today to see more great SOOC photos!  You should link up and play along too!

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

So many great pumpkin photos - can't wait for your edits.

kathryn said...

Gorgeous photos as always, sweetie! Gosh, the kids are getting so big! I also love the last one...but they're all terrific!
I had wonderful success when I had hubby stand behind me and make fun of me. It cracked the boys up.

Teachinfourth said...

Talk about their girl/boyfriend...you know - that little number they've been keeping their eye on. With boys I usually just tease them and throw out names. It tends to work though I'm not correct.

Pumpkins always make for nice shots.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

these shots are great SOOC can't imagine what editing you have in mind for them,

Cedar said...

These are terrific! Love the dof in the last shot and the shot of Nick is so fun!

Anonymous said...

I especially love the last one! I think it's a fantastic photo - the composition, focus and depth of field are perfect!

Misty said...

That last one looks great SOOC!