Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sunday Hunt plus Scripture & a Snapshot

I'm back to participating in Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday after taking a few weeks off!  I really enjoy doing the scavenger hunt and am glad to be back.  So let's get right to the photos, shall we?

{stairs}
stairs
The last Saturday in August I took the kids to McConnell's Mill to do some hiking.  The weather was gorgeous and we pretty-much had a great time.  Aside from the times the kids were fighting/bickering/whining.  :)  Keira and Nick both found millipedes while there, which is what they are holding in this photo.  These are the stairs that lead up from the Mill to the parking lot.  And after hiking 3-4 miles of rocky/hilly terrain, the stairs (of which only a small section you can see here) are pretty much torture.  :)


{macro}
macro
I threw on my 10x and 4x macro filters to get this shot of a lonely dandelion I found in my yard.  I had to keep Alex from blowing it away until after the photo shoot.  He wasn't very happy with me.  :)

{clouds}
clouds
During my run on Wednesday I noticed these clouds.  They looked like wispy flowery things (that's a technical term - in case you were wondering) so I snapped a photo.  Prairie Storm texture by Vintage West Photo added.

{abstract}
abstract
An out-of-focus photo of my black-eyed susans that I used a liquify filter on in PSE.  Scroll down to see the non-liquified version in Scripture and a Snapshot.

{scripture and a snapshot}
09_04_11
I love this Bible verse, although it is most difficult to do on a daily basis.  Thankfully one of God's promises is that "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13.


{smile}
smile
Alex showing me his "mustachio" while waiting for the bus on his first day of Kindergarten.
Happy Labor Day weekend!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my favourite Proverbs passages! Thanks! ;)

Unknown said...

I looove your macro!! And the scripture you chose is a favorite of mine! Lovely!!

Susan said...

Great macro and "mustachio"!

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Beyond well done!!!! these shots are amazing..and in love with the macro...

beautiful scripture and a snapshot...

Abby said...

Abstract is so awesome!

Jennifer Dawn said...

Love these photos!

Michelle R said...

Great job on the macro dandelion! Beautiful!

And I love your scripture & snapshot shot -- beautiful oof shot, and the verse is a beautiful promise!

Lori said...

Very beautiful collection of photos!

Tamar SB said...

I just love your macro shot! Stunning! Great finds!

Bek said...

Wow! What a great macro shot!! Love the details of it.

Stefanie Brown said...

Amazing shots! I love, love, love your Proverbs shot! Gorgeous!
Happy Sunday Scripture and a Snapshot...

Unknown said...

Great set, Kimberly! Love the macro and your Scripture and a Snapshot!

Eve Victorie said...

Lovely shots!

Ashley Sisk said...

Such a great set - love that macro and your scripture shot.

Deanna said...

Beautiful set! I love your macro and clouds! They look like kites to me. Beautiful work.

Saun said...

Love the macro shot... :)

Valeria said...

Your macro and your abstract shots made me so happy. How beautiful, how powerful... wow.

Sara said...

Fantastic set, love your macro shot, I really love your abstract before the liquify!

Unknown said...

Love the macro and abstract shots!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots. I love your macro shot and your smile shot. So cute!

karren said...

I made a tile with that scripture on it! I love all of the pictures here, but my fave is that Dandilion, gone to seed. beautiful!

Teachinfourth said...

You have some wonderful images! I really dislike the seeds for the thistles, but they do make for good photos.

Brooke said...

I love your set! Macro is my fav!!

Courtney said...

LOVE the dandelion shot! GORGEOUS.

Michelle said...

Beautiful set. I love the mustache photo the best!

Deborah said...

Beautiful images, and one of my very favorite scriptures! You are right there ... it sure can be difficult to do on a daily basis, but in His strength, ALL things are possible! You have a blessed week! :)

Gretchen said...

Great set... especially LOVE the macro!!! =D