Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, August 15, 2011

Bright & Colorful ... SOOC

This week's Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW theme is Bright & Colorful.  I had lots of bright and colorful things to photograph this past week, so I have to share more than one photo (of course!).  :)

First is the Gondola Wheel (aka ferris wheel) from our local farm show.  We spent a few hours at the farm show on Friday.  The weather was beautiful.
B&C1-SOOC


Next, we spent the day at Idlewild on Thursday.  Again, the weather was beautiful.  The kids wanted so badly to spend some time at the water park, so we did for an hour or so.  It was only 77 degrees, so it was actually a bit chilly when the wind blew.  Alex's teeth were chattering, but he didn't stop playing.  :)  This photo is of a huge bucket of water that drops every few minutes.  Keira was standing under it at the time, but of course you can't see her because of all the water.
B&C2-SOOC

And of course, I need to include one of our sunflowers.  I don't usually set out to photograph a bee, but where there are flowers, there are bees too.  :)
B&C3-SOOC


Lastly, a sweet photo of Alex.  The kids caught a baby bunny on Saturday and all had to have their photos taken with it before setting it free.  The black spot on Alex's cheek is leftover face paint from the farm show.  :)
B&C4-SOOC



In other news, I broke my camera yesterday.  If you'd like to read about it, here's the blog post.  I'm still pretty bummed.  I will be packaging it up to send out for repair tomorrow.  In the meantime, I still have my old camera, so I won't be completely without.  But, it just won't be the same.

Anyway, if you'd like to see more great Bright & Colorful SOOC shots, head over to Jill's.  See you back here on Thursday with my edits.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them. Awesome SOOC.

Anonymous said...

Those are some gorgeous shots! I really wish I could find a ferris wheel because of all of these great shots I keep seeing and I like to attempt to do something similar.

Ashley Sisk said...

Oh I love these - can't wait to see your finals.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

it has been a bright and colorful week for you,

Halie said...

These are all lovely! I can't wait to see what you do to these photos.

Halie @ Shutterscapes

Michelle R said...

Beautiful shots, Kimberly!! Awesome job on capturing a great exposure on the first two -- including the blue sky and the bright full sun colors -- awesome!!

Aren't bees fun to photograph? They're usually so busy they don't notice, I think..... hope...

Glad to know the bunny got released.... lol! Although my fur-kid might disagree with that! Your boy's eyes just popped out at me! Beautiful catchlights!

Kristin said...

WOW, can't wait to see how you make that first shot any better because it's pretty awesome just the way it is. Super cute photo of your darling little man with the bunny too.

Michelle said...

These are already great...I can't wait to see what you do with them. How neat about the bunny. :)

Gretchen said...

Wonderful captures! Such a sweet lil' bunny! =)