Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, August 14, 2011

That's a Bummer

I broke my camera this morning.  

It was tucked safely into its camera bag with the 18-105mm lens attached and my 2 other lenses and macro filters in the bag, as usual.  As we were walking out the door to go to church, my daughter asked if she could help me carry anything.  I handed her the bag by the handle and thought she had it.  Then PLUNK.  It hit the floor.  I wasn't all that concerned because as I said - it was tucked safely into the camera bag.  I didn't really give it another thought at the time.  We needed to get to church.

But after church I got it out to take some photos of the neighbor's horses and I couldn't see anything when I looked through the viewfinder.  Then I looked at the LCD and it said in ugly red letters, "Error. Press shutter release button again."

UGH!

I messed with it a little to see if I could figure out what the problem is, but I can't.

So, needless to say, I'm pretty bummed.  I'll have to send it away to see if it is repairable.  

Truthfully, part of me wants it to be really broken so I can upgrade.  :)  However, this camera is only 7 months old.  And I still have my old camera body, so I probably won't be able to convince my husband that I need a new camera.  This doesn't really qualify as an emergency in order to dip into our Emergency Fund.

So I'm a bit sad today.

And maybe even tomorrow.

But I'll get over it.

And I'll take my photo a day with my D40 and thank God that I didn't sell it yet.

But not today.  Today I'll post a picture from yesterday or something.  Because in all honesty, I just don't feel like taking pictures right now.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

So sad for you :o( You might ask Nikon if they have an upgrade program. Canon has one and I found one time it was cheaper to apply the credit to a new camera than to repair the old one. Just a thought, and you know what they say about everything happens for a reason, right!

Sara said...

Bummer! Hope it's easily fixable or that you can upgrade. ;-)

Teachinfourth said...

I have no advice, but sympathy to offer in this case. Going without a camera for me is like losing a limb...after poking around your blog a bit, I have a feeling it's a bit like that for you, too.

I'm glad you had a backup...even if it is a Nikon D40.

;)

Laura said...

I am so bummed for you. :( Hopefully they can repair it and it won't cost a ton.

Melissa said...

So sorry, Kim!! :( :( I hope you get it repaired as quickly & as cheaply as possible!

Gretchen said...

OMG-osh... {{{{HUGS}}}} What a total bummer!!! Hoping it gets fixed quickly (even if that means with a new camera).

Anonymous said...

Hugs!! Being without your normal camera is an awful feeling!!! Hope it's an easy and cheap fix!

Susan said...

Oh no! So sorry about your camera. Hope it can be fixed easily!

Anonymous said...

Aww!! So sad. Making me wish I didn't sell my old camera in case mine breaks.

Angee @ October Morning said...

So sad. I hope you get your camera back soon.

Michelle said...

So sorry about your camera, Kimberly. I hope it gets fixed soon. (Hugs)