Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bright & Colorful ... Edited

Time to reveal this week's edits for Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW!  I've been running a lot this week, so I'm late getting these done and posted.  I sure hope things slow down a bit soon.  Most of the running has been fun stuff, but still.  

Anyway, here are my edits.  Mouse over to see SOOC version.
B&C1-Clean-edit
I edited this one last week, so I'm not positive what I did.  I'm pretty sure I increased the recovery and the blacks so the arms/posts (whatever they are called) weren't so washed out.  And I increased clarity and vibrance to bring out the colors more.

Then just for fun, I added texture to this one.  I think the texture is from SKC Photography.
B&C1-Textured-edit


B&C2-edit
I did the ol' dodge and burn trick on this one to try to capture some more detail in the splashing water.

B&C4-edit
Again, simple edits in ACR - increased blacks, clarity, and vibrance slightly.

B&C4-edit2
Obviously I tried Ashley's trick for the week.  I've been wondering how to easily do this, so THANK YOU ASHLEY!  :)

B&C3-edit
Lastly, again just simple tweaks in ACR.  Increased recovery, blacks, clarity, and vibrance slightly.

For those of you that are interested ... I shipped my broken camera to Nikon today to see about getting it repaired.  They should get it Monday.  I did a little online shopping last night to look into a possible upgrade ... ya know, just in case.  I probably should not have done that because now I really want an upgrade.  :)  {sigh}  Contentment is a tough lesson.

Anywho, if you want to see some more great Bright & Colorful edits, head over to Ashley's.  For some reason I can't get the button to work, so just use the link.

4 comments:

Cedar said...

Gorgeous photos and fantastic edits! Just the right amount to make everything pop since you started with such great SOOCs!

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful edits - they are so subtle but really make a difference. The one shot with the color block works beautifully. I have a weird thing about vertical shots not filling the full space of my blog so the color block fills in the gap for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are great edits. Simple but beautiful.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE COLORS!