Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Beautiful Morning with Alex

We've been having some pretty nice weather this week.  Chances of thunderstorms almost every day but they either come during the night or miss us altogether.  So we've been taking advantage and spending our mornings outside when possible.  Monday we went to our church so I could walk/run and Alex could play at the playground.  But instead of playing, he took along a Bible and sat down to "read".
DSC_0005-004
He is learning how to read very simple books, so I'm sure he wasn't really "reading".  But the fact that he picked the Bible over all the other books we own to bring along with him makes me smile.

Once I was done exercising, I joined him at the playground for some fun.
DSC_0011-003


And took lots of pictures.
DSC_0017-003


I have a hard time getting a genuine smile out of him, so I was happy that I got this next photo.
DSC_0025-003
Even if you can see the gum he had in his mouth.  :)


We're still waiting for two of his adult teeth to come in on the top.  They must be lost in there somewhere because he lost the baby teeth months ago!

DSC_0027-003

DSC_0034-002

DSC_0039-001

DSC_0043-001

Now that school is in the home stretch for this year, I feel a sudden urgency to cherish our mornings together.  Because during the summer it won't be just the two of us with Keira and Nick home also.  And in the fall when he starts first grade and will be gone all day ... well, I just don't want to think about that right now.  :)


      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}  WW_KW 

10 comments:

Jill said...

Such a handsome (and wise) young man. :)

Susan said...

Oh how sweet! What a handsome boy, and I love the book he choose.

Blessings♥

Laura said...

Love that he took his Bible!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What richly gorgeous photos of a beautiful boy!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

handsome boy. Love those eyelashes! It's so cute when their teeth seem too big for their mouths.

Mary Gene Atwood said...

handsome boy. Love those eyelashes! It's so cute when their teeth seem too big for their mouths.

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are great Kimberly! It touches my soul to see him choose to sit & read the Bible! Shows what a great belief you have instilled in him.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

So sweet to see him embrace the Word. I know the letting go will take all summer. Glad you're having time to readjust.

Anonymous said...

Such cute photos!! Looks like fun.

Teachinfourth said...

I think my favorite is him leaning his head on the cross support. Something about the expression is captivating.