Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #20

Welcome to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!

It seems as though I have taken an unexpected blogging break.  :)  I just have so many other things I want to get done that I haven't taken the time to post and/or visit much lately.  I can't promise it is going to get better any time soon, but I'll do my best.

For those of you who are interested in an update on The Great Kitchen Remodel ... the cabinets were delivered on Monday and installed on Tuesday!  Yay!  We have cabinets!  The counter top people won't be here until March 30 to do the template for the counter top though.  I'm not sure why they can't get here until then, but we'll make due.  We have been all this time.  

As of this writing, my range is sitting in my living room (we ordered pizza for supper tonight) along with the new dishwasher.  The refrigerator is still in the dining room and will hopefully be moved into its spot on Friday when Doug is off work (along with the range and the dishwasher).  The OTR microwave was also installed today.  The kids are so excited about the idea of having microwave popcorn.  They crack me up.  :)

The cabinets need the hardware installed - we weren't aware that the installer was going to do that so we didn't have them yet.  Doug got home early enough today so he and I ran out this evening and bought what we need, so when the installer comes back to finish up the trim, he can do the hardware also.

We will need to make the decisions on where to put everything.  We've got waaaaaaay more cabinet space now, which will be nice.  We even have a little cabinet beside the range that can be just for baking sheets.  Yeah, it's the little things that excite me the most. :) 

So once we get the counter top in about a month or so, Doug can install the backsplash and finish up some trim work and we'll be done!  With the kitchen anyway.  Then we'll probably have to remodel the bathroom again since it was the first room we did 14 years ago.  :)

Anyway, on to Wild & Wonderful Wednesday ... since I was so wordy with my kitchen update, I will leave you with just one photo ...
Sunset silhouette
I noticed how gorgeous the sunset was Saturday evening so I stepped outside to take a few photos.  Only to find that the deer had stopped by to visit.  How nice of them to pose for me.  :)

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective



Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}   

18 comments:

Kris @ beyond the whiskers said...

Beautiful capture. The colors are stunning and the silhouette of the dear are so sweet. Happy WW!

Kristi Bonney said...

I absolutely adore this photo! Good luck on that kitchen remodel...

Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up, Kimberly! So glad that I was able to make it around to your place this week. Wish I could make it by every week. :(

momto8 said...

beautiful beautiful!!
amazing color.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a perfectly beautiful picture, Kimberly. So glad to hear the kitchen renovation is moving on. Hope everything is back together soon.

Unknown said...

Wow! The colors are gorgeous and those deer just make the photo that much more special.

Michelle said...

What a stunning photo!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful photography.

Regards and best wishes

Rainey said...

Pretty!! How exciting about cabinets!

I've been so bad with the photography lately. Someday I'll get back to it.

Laura said...

You people that own houses! All you ever do is remodel. :) Just teasing... I'm just kinda sorta jealous that I don't get to remodel. Although maybe not really because that's a lot of work and money. :) It's a constant conflict in my head.

Hooray for cupboards!!! And a microwave! Your life is about to be dramatically changed forever. :)

Beautiful shot!

Lisa said...

WOW! What a gorgeous photo!!!

I'm sure you will fill up those cabinets in know time. It's crazy sometimes how fast life moves and then there or those time when nothing happens. Uggg ~ So hard to find the balance. Hang in there!

Gina Kleinworth said...

This sunset is gorgeous- you always amaze me!!

Sounds like things are going well on the renovations- can't wait to see the final outcome

Susan said...

Beautiful silhouette! Love the orange sunset.

EMily said...

Stunning photo! The sunset is just so pretty!

Unknown said...

lovely sunset!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome shot!!

Katherines Corner said...

what a beautiful sight, so happy you got it on camera. Happy WW. I hope you'll join us at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party tomorrow Hugs!

Nadege, said...

Gorgeous silhouette.

Unknown said...

What an amazing shot! I love the dramatic colors and the deer in silhouette is beautiful. Thank you for sharing and for hosting this link up.