Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 03.11.12

This week's items are Water, Light, Chocolate, Animal, and Crowded.
All of this week's pictures are brought to you from our recent visits to the Pittsburgh Zoo.  We've been taking full advantage of our membership.  :)

{water}
water
The kids and I headed to the Pittsburgh Zoo yesterday after Alex's soccer game so we could see the Penguins on Parade ... something the zoo has been doing every Saturday and Sunday at noon for the last month or so.  On our way to the parade, we passed through the polar bear tunnel just as the polar bear jumped in the water to play.  He only stayed in for a minute, but I managed to capture him while in the water.

{light}
light
This photo of the sand tiger shark was actually taken a couple weeks ago when my friend, Laura, and I visited the zoo with just our cameras and no kids.  We were able to spend some leisurely time in the shark tunnel waiting for just the right light.  I didn't get exactly the shot I wanted but this one is close.

{chocolate}
chocolate
The baby sea lion, who is the color of chocolate, was resting in the sunlight while the other sea lions swam and played in the water.

{animal}
animal
The kids love seeing the tigers.  They are such beautiful animals.

{crowded}
crowded
As expected, the zoo was pretty crowded.  Especially where the penguin parade was going to take place.  We got to the parade route about 35 minutes before it started and managed to get a space up front.  I was excited to get a few pretty good shots of the penguins.  And the kids were fairly patient waiting with me.  I think Alex only asked ever two minutes if it was time yet.  :)  It was all worth the wait though, especially when this Gentoo Penguin stopped and appeared to pose for me.

Be sure to stop over at Ashley's to see more great Scavenger Hunt photos.  And if you'd like to play along for next week, here's what to look for:
  1. Vintage
  2. Word or Quote
  3. Nature's Own
  4. People
  5. Photographer's Choice
Happy Hunting!  Have a great week!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

A magnificent set. The penguin is terrific nose to lens shot. Cool.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

LOVE the first and the last!!

Nicki said...

Great week to visit the zoo - wonderful shots for the scavenger hunt.

Unknown said...

Great set! Loved the shark shot with all the light streaming through the water!

Melissa said...

I love that one of the shark from underneath! Wow!

stephanie g said...

Wow, I really like all the animal shots you go! They're awesome. I think the penguin is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

All of these pictures are really good. I did really like the light that was captured through the water in your picture of the shark. I think your photo of the baby seal is too precious for words!

Nukke said...

I liked most your light photo !!!!

Tiger and that bird are cool !!

Ida said...

What a great series. I love how you tied all the prompts in with your visit to the zoo.
My favorite was the Tiger Shot.

Ida said...

What a great series. I love how you tied all the prompts in with your visit to the zoo.
My favorite was the Tiger Shot.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set - love the perspective on the first two shots.

Laura said...

Great shot of the polar bear! Was it worth it to go for the penguin parade??

Susan said...

Fun animal shots, I especially love that penguin!

Daenel T. said...

So much fun!

4 Lettre Words said...

You never disappoint, Kimberly! LOVE that water shot.

julie said...

what great photos!! And glad you liked the Pittsburgh zoo! have not been personally, but have family there! Based on your pics, I'm going to try to go there next time in Pitt! Thanks. Julie

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such awesome shots.