Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 03.25.12

After taking last week off, I'm back with another Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  This week's items are Whimsy, Create, Dust, Seed or sprout, and Swing or drop.
{whimsy}
whimsy
This was probably the hardest prompt for me this week.  How exactly do you photograph whimsy?  So I went with this whimsical looking vine.  So happy that spring is here!

{create}
create1
A coconut cream pie I made for my husband for his birthday on Wednesday.  This is only the second time I've made this pie ... last time was last year for his birthday :) ... and it turned out great!  The boys loved it.  Keira and I steered clear.  Not big fans of coconut.

create2
I don't usually show two photos for the same prompt, but I had another opportunity to create this past week.  Friday evening we had a cake-decorating class at my church and this is what I did.  The cake isn't perfect, but I had fun learning how to make roses and leaves and scallops.  And the kids had fun eating the cake when I brought it home.  (Kim Klassen's Simplicity texture used)

{dust}
dust
My FlyLady feather duster.  (Used Nelly Nero's Autumn Vintage action)

{seed or sprout}
seed-or-sprout
One of my daffodils on the first day of spring.  They have since opened up.  (Used The Coffee Shop Blog's Sunkissed action)

{swing or drop}
swing-or-drop
The weather this past week has been gorgeous and quite summer-like, so we left for church early on Wednesday to give the kids time to play at the church's playground for a bit.  Alex loves the tire swing there.  I got him to stop making himself dizzy for a moment or two to snap a few photos.

That's it for me.  Be sure to head over to Ashley's to see some great Scavenger Hunt photos!  And if you didn't play along this week but would like to next week, this is what to look for ...
  1. Clouds
  2. Sun flare
  3. Seven
  4. High Angle
  5. Low Angle
Have a great week!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Great set, Kimberly. I especially like whimsy and create.

The Lady Okie said...

I had a hard time finding a good picture for whimsy too! But I like yours a lot. Good job this week!

Nicki said...

I think your whimsy shot works perfectly for the hunt - and great examples for "create" as well as for dust and swing (swing was my struggle).

Karen said...

Your dust picture is so pretty! Your photos are all great.

Susan said...

Nice finds... the pie looks delish! Love the sunspots on your daffodil shot as well.

Laura said...

Good job on the cake decorating!!

Bethany said...

I love all of them, but dust is my favorite!

Daenel T. said...

Great duster!

The coconut cream pie looks delish.

seabluelee said...

This is not something I could have ever imagined myself saying, but I'm in love with your feather duster. Well, your photo of it, anyway. Your son Alex has a wonderful smile! Great set for these prompts.

Unknown said...

Your shots are beautiful! Looks like you love to bake!! I love your dust shot.

Ashley Sisk said...

Love this set - the dust shot's colors are so magical.