Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #21

Hello!  Happy Spring!  We have been having some absolutely gorgeous weather here in Pennsylvania.  Not at all what we are accustomed to this time of year.  Except for the thunderstorm that rolled through here the other night (with some pretty impressive hail, I might add), we have had lots and lots of sunshine and temps in the low to mid 70s.  What a great way to end winter and welcome spring.

On the kitchen front ... I got to try out the new dishwasher yesterday.  Doug wanted me to try it out before the counter top is installed so if there are any problems with it, he can take care of them now.  No need to twist my arm!  I was happy to give it a try.  LOVE!  I'm sure it won't be long before I wonder how I ever lived without one.  :)

And just a quick shout out to my sweet husband who is having a birthday today!  He was born on March 21st a few years back and was almost named Springer.  Thankfully his mom decided against that name and called him Douglas instead.  :)  I'm hoping to make him a coconut cream pie for his birthday.  They are surprisingly easy to make.  And I'm sure the kids will be happy to help him eat it.

Anyway, this week's Wild & Wonderful Wednesday pictures are from the archives.  I spent a good part of Tuesday editing pictures from August 2010 in order to get them printed.  Yes, I am, indeed, that far behind in printing pictures.  Partly because I had filled up all my photo albums and was unable to order more of from Costco since, I guess, they stopped carrying them.  And partly because I just kept taking more pictures and got further and further behind.  I would edit the ones I wanted to post and leave the rest.  Unfortunately that left a whole lot of pictures to go through ... and I'm not done yet.  But I am making progress and that's what really matters.

So on to the pictures!  These are from a picnic that my mom invited us to.  Her boss owns quite a bit of real estate and holds a picnic at one of the senior centers he owns every summer.  He insisted that she invite some family members, so she did.  We really enjoyed ourselves.  The kids especially loved the pool.
DSC_0029
Alex had a blast splashing around.

DSC_0022
Nick and Keira spent a lot of time running and jumping in, so I tried to capture their fun.  I was able to get this shot of Nick in mid air.

DSC_0024
Keira taking a breather.

DSC_0051
My niece, Christy, when she was itty bitty.

DSC_0071
My other niece, Jordan, who is Christy's big sister.  It is funny to see her with water wings on because now she is such an excellent swimmer.

DSC_0065
This is Alaina, my cousin Kelly's youngest.  Look at those gorgeous eyes!  She's going to be a heart breaker when she gets older.

DSC_0011
There was a butterfly bush outside of the area where the pool was.  I stalked around it for quite a while trying to get a good photo of one of the many butterflies that were visiting.


It is kind of fun looking back at older photos.  I can see a definite improvement in my photography skills, not to mention my editing skills.  Although I did re-edit most of these since I know more now than I did back then.  Plus I get to see how much my kiddos have changed in just 1.5 years.  Wow, how they've grown!  They will be excited to see new pictures in the photo albums (which I was able to find somewhere else, in case you were wondering).  :)

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective

Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped} 



10 comments:

Desirae R said...

Such fun pictures. And a beautiful butterfly!

Laura said...

Nick and Keira definitely look a ton younger!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What fun- reminds me that summer is almost here in our area. That is great news about the kitchen. Won't be long now.

Sherri B. said...

I've just discovered your blog and your weekly prompt - your photography is lovely and I'm happy to participate. Happy Birthday to your husband!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Love those shots! So cute! :)

Susan said...

Fun! I love Alaina's eyes and cute curls too!

Sherrie said...

Hi Kimberly,
Great snapshots of your family! Love those eyes on the baby. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Unknown said...

swimming in March, wow!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Wow ~ Those are some awesome captures ~ well done! Also LOVE the pics in your header! Happy WW and Happy Spring to all!

Unknown said...

I love going back through old photos as well and seeing improvement. Those last 2 shots are lovely. The details, colors and those eyes are amazing. Thank you for sharing and for hosting this link up!