Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 12 in Pictures

This past week has been nothing short of gorgeous weather wise.  It has felt like summer almost!  Lots of sunshine and temps in the upper 70s and I think we even got into the 80s one day.  What a great way to start spring!  This coming week, however, will snap us back to reality that this is March in Pennsylvania.  We are supposed to have temps in the 40s and 50s and get below freezing a couple nights.  Oh, how I hope everything that is sprouting doesn't die!  I can cover my flowers, but the trees are blooming also.

This last week was overall a good week.  I did lose a set of car/house keys on Thursday and haven't found them yet.  I have a second set, but I'm really hoping the other set turns up soon!  I never (until now) lose my keys, so this is a strange situation for me to be in.

I also got to try out the new dishwasher this week!  Doug finished hooking everything up and asked me to give it a trial run before the counter top gets installed just in case he needs to fix anything.  No need to twist my arm!  I've been anxiously awaiting the dishwasher since we started planning the new kitchen.  I tried it out on Tuesday ... and Wednesday ... and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  :)  Let's just say soon I'll be wondering how I ever managed without one.  What a time saver!

Anyway, let's take a look at what I photographed this week, shall we?

{Sunday}
2012-03-18
As usual, I woke up Sunday morning, opened the blinds to watch the birds enjoying the feeder in the back yard, only to be greeted by this instead ... the top of our feeder, bird seed all over the ground, and the rest of our feeder nowhere in sight.  We suspect the neighborhood black bear decided to have himself a midnight snack.  We did eventually find the rest of the feeder about 20 yards away near another tree.  But obviously it is beyond repair.  Darn bear.
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

{Monday}
2012-03-19
Just a random photo of the bricks that are left from what used to be our chimney.  When we installed a new furnace and a/c a few years ago, we no longer needed a chimney.  But this small portion of it (filled in with cement so no one gets hurt) remains.  The kids like it because they can step up on it and peek in the living room window.

{Tuesday}
2012-03-20
Happy first day of spring!  As I said, the weather has been tremendous and the earth is coming alive once again.  These blooms are on our maple tree (the same tree that houses the bird feeder that is no more).  Who would have thought all those gorgeous colors were hiding in there?

     Chic Homeschool Mama



{Wednesday}
2012-03-21

I showed another shot of this pie in my Scavenger Hunt, but this is the pie I made for my husband on his birthday ... coconut cream.  His favorite.  He and the boys enjoyed eating it.  Keira and I don't care for coconut, so we passed.  It is all gone now, so it must have been good.  :)


{Thursday}
2012-03-22
I passed this flowering tree on my way back to try to find my keys.  I thought the keys could wait a little while, while I stopped to snap some photos of this gorgeous tree.  And I realize I already did a color bar photo, but I couldn't resist doing it with this photo also.

     


{Friday}
2012-03-23
Yeah, and this one too.  :)  I think you'll be seeing a lot more color bar photos now that spring is here and I have interesting, colorful things to photograph once again.  This shrub is in my neighbor's yard, so I get to admire it every day.

Inspire Me



{Saturday}
2012-03-24

Alex had his last soccer game this morning (indoor soccer - winter league).  Each of the kids got presented with a medal.  His team lost their game (again!) but they had fun.  Alex tells me he wants to play baseball now.  Oh boy!  We'll have to see if we can work that out.


So that was my week.  What was yours like?  I hope you make this next one a great one!

15 comments:

Susan said...

What fun color pallets. Looks like a great week - the bear that is.

Unknown said...

I love love love the picture of magnolia. I always get heart beats from beautiful pictures of Magnolia:)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! The pie looks yummy and love those spring shots. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

packmom said...

That pie looks so good! I really like the shot of the bricks too--visually interesting.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Holy cow on the bear stealing the bird feeder. LOVE that shot on 3/22- IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely perfect!

Heather said...

Fantastic photos Loving the spring time shots!

Kim Cunningham said...

Love the Thursday shot! So pretty. Congrats to your little guy on his soccer medal.

Tracey Washington said...

How lovely! I really, really love the color palettes you add to your photos. Gorgeously artistic and inspiring!

Nadege, said...

I love the color palettes, so pretty.
A lovely week in pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! These are beautiful! I love them. That pie looks so good.

Unknown said...

Love love the colors!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Wow you rocked those palettes this week - the spring colours are lovely..........but that Magnolia really is my favourite aswell.

Bethany said...

Great shots! I really like the third to last one- so beautiful! And that pie looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Love your color pallets. Thank you for stopping by Sanukipity Photography and leaving the kind words.

Anonymous said...

SO subtle in color that flowering tree you shared, I'd love wallpaper that looked just like that! Sorry I'm so late commenting, I had server issues and lost a weeks worth of posts, ugh. But was able to re-create my posts last night and recovered all the entries to WTS #23. Thank you, Kimberly, for sharing on Weekly Top Shot...