Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #15

Hello!  Welcome to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!


Before I get to my Wild & Wonderful post, I wanted to make those of you who don't use Blogger and will be losing the Google Friend Connect feature soon aware of this FREE option available to you that I just found out about tonight when I stopped over to get my linky code.  Check it out at http://www.linkyfollowers.com/.


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ... :)

We are still busy with the Great Kitchen Remodel and I haven't had much time to be too creative with my camera, so I dug into the archives for this week's photo.
Hummingbird silhouette
This was taken in July 2011.  At the time I had probably planned to trash this photo.  But looking back at it now, I kind of like the silhouette of the hummingbird at my feeder.  I shot this at ISO 3200, shutter speed 1/4000s, f/8.0 ... just in case you wondered.  :)


Oh, how this makes me long for spring/summer and more interesting things to photograph.  Flowers, birds, bees, butterflies, dragonflies.  Anything other than brown and dead.  :)  I think I need to take a day and go to the zoo or something.  I need a change of scenery!


Of course, once the kitchen is done, you'll be seeing plenty of pictures of it.  :)  Right now it is pretty gross and ugly ... having no floor, walls, and only part of the ceiling put up.  But we are making progress and that is what is important.

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective

Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...

NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}    

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love this shot.

Michelle said...

Great capture! I'm glad you didn't trash it :)

Vhen said...

oh just keep the photo, its so wonderful :)

alicia said...

I love this shot! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Isn't it intersting how your perspective changes? It's a great shot!

Gina Kleinworth said...

YAY- you caught it!!!! We have a pair that live in our trees in the back yard. They are so elusive. They let my kids capture them while they drink out of the feeder- but when I am out there with the big camera- they hide :)

Susan said...

So glad you didn't trash this shot. Love the detail of the wings!

Christina Klas said...

Wow. I've always been under the impression that hummingbirds are difficult to shoot because they move too quickly! What a great shot! :)

Susan said...

Great photo! I can't wait until the hummingbirds come back for the season!

Keli Kalani said...

Oh, I love your blog. We are very like minded ;) I also love love your Hummingbird, beautiful capture!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Nadege, said...

I like the silhouette too. Fantastic timing.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Glad you kept it. Wonderful timing.

Dawn said...

Just discovered your blog, and I love your photos! Beautiful capture of the hummingbird!! So glad you kept it! =)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for spring, either... I can do w/o summer due to the heat & humidity, but I can't wait for more colorful subjects to shoot! I've hardly shot anything this winter & I'm itchin to get out & about!

Beautiful silhouetted hummer, glad you decided to keep the shot =)

Happy Week!

Gretchen said...

OH glad you didn't trash this shot! The light coming through the wings is wonderful! Glad the kitchen is progressing!! =)

Teresa said...

That is a wonderful hummingbird shot! I love silhouettes.

Cordial Chaos said...

I'm ready for spring and summer too. Very pretty shot!

Unknown said...

luv the silhouette!

Kirsten Harr said...

I love that shot!!