Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 in Pictures

I felt a little off my game this past week.  Looking forward to winter being over (even though we have had a very mild winter but it has been so gray and rainy).  We had a little taste of Spring this week with temps in the 60s, which is very rare for winter in Pennsylvania.  We took full advantage of the nice weather by playing outside as much as we could.  But it makes having to deal with February all that much harder.  I'm still waiting for winter to return as the Farmers' Almanac and that silly groundhog both predict.  :)

On a happier note, we ordered our cabinets and counter top this week for the Great Kitchen Remodel.  Yay!  I really can't wait until it is all done.  Right now almost nothing is where it should be and tasks that were once very simple, like making dinner, are much more complicated.  Doug is supposed to have some time off this week, so hopefully he'll make great progress on the ceiling, walls, and floor.  (I always say "supposed to" because just because he is scheduled off, doesn't always mean that he actually gets the days off).  The kitchen won't be finished until probably April because the counter top fabricators can't measure for the counter tops until the cabinets are installed, which won't be until late March (per our request so Doug has time to do what he needs to do).


Right now the kitchen is nearly completely gutted.  All of the upper cabinets are down, the ceiling is ripped out, most of the walls are ripped out, and the floor is down to the bare wood except for what is under the counter where the sink is located.  That will be coming up this week also, I'm sure.  I might have to wash dishes in the bathtub this week.  :)  On a positive note, I now have more electrical outlets in the kitchen than I ever have before.

Anyway, here's what our week looked like in pictures ...

{Sunday}
2012-01-29
Okay, so if you saw last week's Scavenger Hunt, you already saw this picture.  Apparently I didn't take any pics other than the one I needed to finish up the Hunt.  :)

{Monday}
2012-01-30
Getting ready for the 100th day of school on Friday.  The kids were to bring in 100 of something for snack and 100 objects displayed however they liked.  Alex chose Honey Nut Cheerios and pennies.

{Tuesday - Weary for Project 366 Rewind}
2012-01-31
Tuesday mornings are the one day I always have to get up early (for Bible study, which I love).  Usually early enough to see the sun rise, which, for some of you, probably isn't really that early.  :)  But despite being half asleep (aka weary), I still managed to get a shot of the gorgeous colors of the morning.
Chic Homeschool Mama

{Wednesday}
2012-02-01
Alex and I were showing off our muscles and incredibly long legs in shadow form.  :)
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

{Thursday - Love for Inspire Me's Project 365}
2012-02-02-cell phone photo
Cell phone photo - a day when I didn't pick up my camera.  Alex lovin' on his mama.  :)

Inspire Me


{Friday}
2012-02-03
A rare photo of me.  Keira actually took this photo.  We were playing around while the sun was still out.  She's still learning how to shoot in manual.  While this one isn't too bad, there were many photos that didn't make the cut.  :)  Of course, the same can be said of the many photos I take.

{Saturday}
2012-02-04
Kim Klassen's Zuzu texture used
Remember last week when I told you I would show you what Doug found in the ceiling of our kitchen?  Well, here it is.  An empty wine bottle from 1948-49 (that's the date on the sticker).  I wasn't about to open it up to clean it out, but I did dust off the outside.  I'd love to know the story behind how it got there.  On the other hand, it might explain a lot about the poor way our house was built.  :)


Hope everyone has a great week!  Go take pictures!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Woo hoo for plenty of electrical outlets in the kitchen!!!

Love the pic of you and Alex. And finding stuff in ceilings always makes for interesting conversation. :) I remember the guys in college would leave stuff in the ceilings. Silly boys.

Rainey said...

Oh cool! I love finding old things like that. I also love your hair in the picture Keira took! So pretty!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

I love that first photo! If only houses could talk, my, my, what they could tell us. Have a joyous week.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Looks like you had a great week, Kimberly. Love the picture of you under the tree. It's perfect. Glad to hear you have a photographer following in your footsteps. I have a great niece who loves to follow me around and "help" take pictures. Hope you have a great week.

The Dapelo Family said...

I love the shadows! I don't know what is in our ceiling but alcohol bottles wouldn't surprise me AT ALL! Thank you for sharing with us. It looks like you had a great week.

Gina Kleinworth said...

The flower is AMAZING!!! But your daughter did a great job with the shot of you on Friday. I love that!

Susan said...

What a funny find in your ceiling. Love the flower shot as well. Have a great week!

Tamar SB said...

Great week! Love the counting pennies! Our 100th day is on Thursday, I am excited!

Anonymous said...

Such awesome shots! I bet you will be so glad when your kitchen is done!

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

Love the flower!

Unknown said...

I'm chuckling thinking about that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer washes his dishes in the bathtub. And that wine bottle does make you wonder, doesn't it? :) And I'm so with you on wanting winter to be over. Such an uninspiring season for a photographer.

Andrea said...

Amazing flower shot and another beautiful sunset.

Gretchen said...

Oh... I don't think I'd like to be without a kitchen that long!! Good luck making it through the remodel, I'll be sending get done ahead of schedule vibes your way! Love the bottle... so funny what can be found in the walls of houses!! The picture your daughter took is wonderful... great work! =)