Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fabric Water Drops

First, don't forget to check out my giveaway for The Mighty Macs on DVD.  It is a great movie that I know you will love!
************
This week's Tutorial Tuesday challenge was fabric water drops as shown in this post by Jaymi.  I took some time this evening after the boys went to bed to give this a try.  It was HARD!  I started out using my 55-200mm lens and my tripod and quickly discovered that was not going to work, so I switched to my 18-55mm lens.  I used my bounce flash to add some light to the situation.


I'm not 100% satisfied with the shots I got, so I know I will try this again.  Hopefully during the day when I have better lighting.  And when I'm not so tired and my eyes can focus.  :)

Here are a few of the better shots I got, although they're still not great ...
DSC_0051
I've had this plaid fabric in my stash for a while now.  I originally got it at my church when someone was giving away a bunch of different fabric scraps.  At the time I thought I'd use it for scrapbooking, but since I haven't been doing any scrapbooking, it has just sat in storage.  Until now.  At least I can say I used it for something.  :)

DSC_0090
This is one of my daughter's tops.

DSC_0098
This is also a fabric scrap.  I'm bummed that I didn't notice that it wasn't completely in the frame and there is a little bit of the sink in the bottom right corner.  Because otherwise, I think this turned out pretty cool.


One thing this exercise did was reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy make me want a macro lens.  I mean, I already wanted one and have been saving up to get one.  But now I just want one even more.  :)


Be sure to head over to see more great water drop photos!  And visit my friend, Deb, too!  Have a great day!
Tutorial Tuesday     

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are so great. I love the flower shot. So awesome.

Rainey said...

Great job, Kim! I think these are fabulous, but of course, you see all the technical things I can't see.

Laura said...

Love these Kim! I read the tutorial but haven't tried it yet. Maybe someday.

I like the flower one a ton! And if you hadn't mentioned that the corner was the sink I would have thought that it was just the fabric. Seriously!

photo by ansku said...

These are great, you did so well!! I also gave this a try just yesterday, and I totally agree, it was HARD. But isn't it a fantastic feeling to notice that you can do it?
I love the fabrics you used, I think the first one is my favorite. Really pretty!

Ashley Sisk said...

WOW - I think that turned out amazing. Great work.

Unknown said...

Kimberly, these are fantastic! I think you did a fabulous job! Loved the plaid and flower shots.

Melissa said...

These are so cool! Love it!

Susan said...

Wow! Very cool, I love that last one. (I want a macro lens too!!)

karren said...

Oh my word! These are amazing!

deb duty said...

This is amazing! I love the last one with that one little flower inside the drop. I think I could easily get rid of that white area in the corner in photoshop so if you want me to, just send me the file.

Unknown said...

These are great! I've seen lots of these type of shots lately and yours are some of the best!