Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 02.19.12

Is it Sunday again already?!  Where does the time go these days?  This week's Scavenger Hunt items are:  Love, Duplicated, Trend or Trending, Paper, and Plastic.  

And here are my interpretations ...


{love}
love
Nick's last room party was Tuesday's Valentine's Day party.  As room parent, I decided to have the kids play several games instead of doing a craft since they always seem to struggle with crafts.  Games need prizes so I picked up some bags of erasers, etc. at Target.  Apparently the erasers were their least-favorite prize since I came home with a bunch of them.  So I put them to good use.  :)


{duplicated}
duplicated
This was the hardest prompt for me this week.


{trend or trending}
trend

I am not one who is up on the latest fashion trends, however, while shoe shopping with Keira the other day, I did notice that many of the shoes have these incredibly high heels on them right now.  Therefore I will probably never own any.  :)  (Taken with my cell phone)


{paper}
paper
I was going to wait until the kitchen remodel is complete before showing any of the "before" pictures, but I thought this photo was perfect for this prompt.  This is some of the ugly wallpaper that was hiding behind the cabinets.  I managed to snap a photo before Doug ripped the wall out.


{plastic}
plastic
More of the prizes from Tuesday's party.  These were the first to go.  Little junky plastic slinky-type toys.  I should probably send a note of apology home to the other moms, because I know how much I dislike all these junky plastic toys.  :)  But the kids love them and that's really all that matters.


Thanks for stopping by!  If you'd like to play along for next week, here are the items to hunt down:

  1. Crossed
  2. A Glimpse
  3. Handwritten
  4. Bliss
  5. Gray

Have a great week!

12 comments:

Daenel T. said...

Great choices. I totally would have chosen the erasers. LOL have a great week.

Lea said...

Great choices for the Scavenger Hunt!
I especially like the close-up photo of the bloom.
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Bethany said...

Nicely done! I really like the first and last shots!

Rainey said...

I love the wallpaper! Isn't it funny what people used to put on their walls?

Reds said...

My faves are the first and last shots - so colourful!

Ebony said...

Your first two are awesome! Great work :)

Kmcblackburn said...

I really like your duplicated shot.

Saun said...

Your first two shots are great!

Unknown said...

Great set this week, I really like the love photo!

Anonymous said...

I really love your shots of the erasers and plastic slinky toys. Great set!

Susan said...

Great collection! Can't wait to see the after of your kitchen! :-)

Ashley Sisk said...

oooh beautiful set- I really love your first two shots.