Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 7 in pictures

I have been a bit lax in my blogging lately.  Just not feeling all that inspired to do it.  I've managed to get a few posts done, but haven't really been around to visit anyone.  Sorry!  Must be because I'm so looking forward to winter ending, even though we haven't had much of a winter, and I just don't feel like doing much.  Ugh.  Hoping I feel more up to it this week.

Last week after the Valentine's Day party for my son's classroom, I allowed myself some down time.  I read a really good book in two days (review and giveaway coming in the next few days) and I watched a couple movies with the kids (another review and giveaway coming :)).  We had a play date at a friend's house and I enjoyed an evening out with some girl friends.  They are all considerably younger than me, which at first made me feel old, but then made me shift my thinking and I actually felt younger.  Sort of.  I tried not to dwell on the fact that one of the girls there graduated high school in the year that I would have had my 20th high school reunion.  The one I never got an invitation to.  :)

Anyway, the Great Kitchen Remodel is moving along.  Doug made great progress and we bumped up the delivery date of the cabinets.  Yay!  We now have the ceiling, walls, and floor all completed.  Doug moved the range back to the kitchen so I can cook again.  (I was unable to cook for a few days last week).  And he also set the sink back up so I no longer have to wash dishes in the bath tub.  So now we wait.  Although I'd rather be waiting for cabinets than having them made already and not be ready for them.

I did manage to take a photo every day last week, so let's take a look, shall we?


{Sunday}
2012-02-12
This sweet little bird was happy to eat from my feeder and I was happy to photograph him from inside my warm house.  :)


{Monday}
2012-02-13
Spent some time this afternoon separating M&M's for a game we will play at tomorrow's Valentine's Day party.


{Tuesday}
2012-02-14
The lilies in my flower bouquet are starting to open.  This is my submission for Be Inspired and Project 52 - Valentine's Day flowers from my True Love.

Inspire Me     project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com



{Wednesday}
2012-02-15
Nick sometimes gets to make up his own spelling practice activity.  He came up with hip-hop spelling where he rapped his words.  I recorded it because he just cracks me up sometimes.  


{Thursday}
2012-02-16
Drove past a local reservoir on the way home today to see how frozen it was and got to see all this fog.


{Friday}
2012-02-17
I've been told that my eyes are someone's favorite feature.  What do you think?  :)
Naptime Momtog


{Saturday}
2012-02-18
My friend, Laura, invited us over for a play date to celebrate her son, Jason's birthday.  The kids had a good time playing together.  Keira got to play dress up with Liza.  It was like she had her very own human doll.  :)


So that was our week.  The kids had Friday and today off of school, so we spent lots of time playing (and they spent lots of time fighting).  And we went to the zoo today since the sun was shining and it was a little warmer.  Hoping to post some photos soon.


Hope you all have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

Rainey said...

That's so fun that Nick raps his spelling words! Keira and Liza look so cute in that picture!

Tamar SB said...

Love those m&ms! And that lily, wow!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Such awesome shots. Love them. Tuesdays photo is so awesome but they are all great.

karren said...

wow, nice shots. The M & M's and the Lily are my faves, but I like the bird and the drops of moisture on the branches in the fog photo too. AND...what lovely eyes you have! You crack me up.

Shelinstitches said...

Love,love,love your shots! The color in the m&m's and the lily are jaw-dropping - Wow!

Tracey Washington said...

Gorgeous! i love the pink :) Thanks for linking up!

Laura said...

Aww... that's such a cute picture of Liza and Keira!

packmom said...

Amazing shots! I love them all.

Blue Eyed Brooke said...

Wonderful shots! I found you on Project 52 and the lily pic caught my eye right away. It's breathtaking!!! Just amazing! :)

Melissa said...

Love the pics!! :)

Annette said...

I really love your pictures! They are uncluttered and lovely! What lens do you use?