Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #18

Once again Wild & Wonderful Wednesday snuck up on me.  Did you ever have a day when you had several things you wanted to accomplish only to have life get in the way?  All I really ended up accomplishing today was Bible study this morning, grocery shopping this afternoon, and cleaning up my son's vomit this evening.  Obviously that last item was not originally on my to-do list today.  :)

So here I am posting late again.  Oh well.  Such is life sometimes.

And in case you are wondering, he's sleeping soundly on the couch right now with a big bowl beside him just in case.  Although I think we are past the yucky stomach already.

Anyway, this week I have more zoo photos to show you.  Remember in a prior post I was saying I was going to visit the zoo without my kids?  Well, my good friend, Laura, and I did just that on Monday.  We were both able to leave the kids at home with our husbands who both had the day off.  We had a wonderful time at the zoo.  We were able to linger as long as we wanted at the different exhibits.   And we both took a gazillion photos.

In fact, if you saw yesterday's post, you would know that we spent about an hour just at the gorilla exhibit so we could get a good look at the new baby.   There were no kids to whine or complain or fight.  At least none that were ours.  :)  And even though the weather was gorgeous for February in Pennsylvania, there weren't many people there.  It was just a delightful day.


So here are a few photos from Monday's zoo visit.
Leopard
The Amur Leopard is such a gorgeous animal.

Lioness
And, of course, so is the lioness.  Another animal was calling (which we later found out was the snow leopard) and caught her attention.

Moka and baby gorilla
This is Moka and her new baby boy who was born on February 9.  We found out so much information about the gorillas while we were there.  The gorillas' caregiver had just fed the animals and was outside the exhibit answering questions and telling us lots of interesting things about them.

Dama gazelle
This crazy, fun creature is a Dama Gazelle.  They were also eating ... and running and jumping around.  They were so fun to watch.  While this photo isn't the sharpest, it shows how high they can jump.


Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!



A Fresh Perspective





Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}    Wordless Weds.


27 comments:

T... said...

Beautiful shots. I love the action shot.

Unknown said...

That baby gorilla is so tiny! So cute!

Tina´s PicStory said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful pics with the world :)

Rainey said...

Cool action shot!

Laura said...

Oh baby gorilla!!! I need to go back hahaha. I'm slightly obsessed. I need to figure out how to get a job at the zoo haha.

And I'm pretty sure it's and AMUR leopard, not an AZUR leopard. :)

Mindi said...

Great zoo pictures!!! Love bringing my boys to the National Zoo here in DC! :) Looking forward to the warmer weather to enjoy it.

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- that last one is impressive. Sharp or not- the fact that you captured it like that is AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots & I just love that 1st one! WoW! Those eyes just kill me!

The baby is sooo sweet & how she's holding him sooo close... a great big AWWW! =)

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I'm enJOYing the Gazelle action shot. Wow! I almost posted my gorilla shot this week. Mommy and Baby so cute together. Can't go wrong with that.

Skye said...

Oh my gosh - the gazelle is making me crack up! And I just love that Leaopard shot... Love all the zoo shots. wow!

Susan said...

Love the leaping shot! Glad you made it back to the zoo AND got to see that cute gorilla baby!

Gretchen said...

That first shot is just gorgeous!! Glad you had a chance to enjoy a day at the zoo!! I've been neglecting my blog lately... just off enjoying/doing other things... life keeps me moving! Hope things have been good with you... =)

Susan said...

Aww...look at mama gorilla snuggling her baby...so sweet! The leopard shot is amazing!!

scrapinbabygal said...

Your pictures are incredible!! I love them. You captured the animals so beautiful and the gazelle is such an incredible catch!!

Susan said...

Wow...these are some great shots!!!

Carrie Ann said...

WOW! How amazing are your photos??? Totally amazing, that's how much! I also read Monday's blog and the photo you took of the baby gorilla's face...whoa. Stunning. No words!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent and hosting. Hop on over to my blog and link up for Wordless Weds. hop...it's a tribute today to the service members lost in last August's downing of Extortion 17 in Afghanistan. Thanks!

-Carrie Ann (*Ginger)
http://stayathomegingers.blogspot.com/2012/02/wordless-wednesday.html

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I viewed your zoo photos over on flickr and you were able to get some amazing shots. I find zoos to be bittersweet, so educational to see all the creature we share this planet with but saddened by the cages, fences and bars.

Unknown said...

These shots are amazing! I love the gorillas.

Cordial Chaos said...

You got some great shots! There are some nasty stomach bugs going around :( Hopefully the little guy feels better now after a good hurl.

Melissa said...

I love these photos! Look at that gorilla hugging her baby. So sweet! And i love that leopard. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I hope your son is feeling better! These photos are amazing. I love the first shot, the detail is stunning. Thank you for sharing and for hosting this link up!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Great photographs.

Regards and best wishes

Mira Crisp said...

Awww.. That third shot is just adorable!

Liz said...

WOW Kim!! I love this post. the first image is brilliant and the action shot of the Dama Gazelle (what a catch). I must get to the zoo... I haven't been for years!

I have chosen you along with 4 other bloggers for the Liebster Award. Check out the info in my post to read about it, and pass it on to others you feel worthy :)

http://amothersfaithhopeandlove.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/liebster-award_01.html

Unknown said...

love your photo of gazelle!

ropcorn said...

Amazing photos! I could not pick a favourite because they all show off such stunning beauty. LOVE them! Thank you for sharing. :-)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh what fun! I haven't been to the zoo in ages.