Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #10

Hello!  And welcome to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!


Well, we have been praying for snow.  Not because we need any additional precipitation, because we've had plenty of rain lately.  But because this is winter.  And when you live in Pennsylvania, you expect snow in the winter.  And in the fall.  And in the spring.  :)  But aside from a few brief snow showers here and there, nothing has really stuck around for long.

Until now.


It started snowing yesterday and continued overnight.  We woke up this morning to a good 6 inches of snow on the ground.  However, there was no school delay, which really surprised me since it was only about 16 degrees when Keira had to catch the bus.  I was pretty excited about the snow until I went outside and felt just how cold it was.  :)


But out I went anyway.  To help Doug shovel/sweep the driveway and to snap a few pictures, of course.
DSC_0002
Honey, being the snow dog that she is, was in her glory.  She LOVES the snow.  It doesn't matter how cold it is, she wants to go out and play.  So we did.  A little.

and then, she {snapped}     Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living

DSC_0009-B&W
Alex was having fun helping sweep the porch.  Once he pushed all the snow off, he jumped in the pile he made ... naturally!

DSC_0012
The wind would whip the snow up from time to time.  And the sun was in and out all day.

DSC_0018
Once he was done sweeping, Alex decided to go make a snow angel.  I don't know what Honey was doing.  Making sure he did it right, maybe?  

DSC_0020
Alex asked me to photograph his angel.  He did pretty well!

DSC_0027
Later in the day Honey and I went for a brief walk.  Brief ... because the wind was really blowing and my fingers were freezing pretty quickly.  It is really hard to change your camera settings when you can't feel your fingers.  :)  Even with two pairs of gloves on.


Right now the thermometer reads 7 degrees, which is kind of funny because the low for today was supposed to be 14 degrees.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a more tolerable 31 degrees, so hopefully we'll get outside to play some more.


Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!  It is just rude to link up and not comment, don'tcha think?).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!
A Fresh Perspective




I will do my best to visit each of you this week.  I do always try, but sometimes life just gets in the way.  Please know that I appreciate each and every one of you that link up with me each week!


Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      


24 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwww! I love Honey! That first pic is my fave.

SarahinSC said...

I want to hug and kiss Honey. What a beauty! She looks like she's enjoying the snow.
Sarah:)

alicia said...

Brr. Not missing the cold. But definitely a little jealous of the white photo ops. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn said...

Super adorable Kimberly.. I love these.. I kinda sorta miss SNOW this year.. NONE in Boston.. :(

Unknown said...

So fun! I hope we get more snow soon! :)

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Wonderful photos! I absolutely love the first and last shots. :)

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

love the shots for Honey ~ just wonderful

Misty said...

Love that first one. Gorgeous dog.

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous. I love the first one and the last one.

Susan said...

Oh my, these are some amazing photo's! Love the first and last one. Adorable...

My Thoughts Exactly said...

My first time at your blog and I love it already!

Nadege, said...

Your dog is just gorgeous. Wonderful images...love the snow angel.

Lori said...

Beautiful photos! I wish it would snow here.

Torunn said...

Lovely winter images. Very sweet. your boy and your dog. I was certainly linked to my picture twice, excuse me. Fun to be part of such challenges and see other great contributions. Torunn Greetings from Norway.

Katie said...

Honey always looks so beautiful out there in the snow! Great photos!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Hurray for snow!!! I wish we had snow because it burns so many calories to shovel the driveway. I would do it everyday if I could. :) But (not to rub it in) we have been unseasonably warm here this winter- 70 degrees yesterday. I fear if this keeps up - we will be hitting 100 in March- eeeekkk. Send me some snow please :)!!!

Christina Klas said...

Love that pup in the snow! :) Happy to be joining your link-up.

Susan said...

You're so lucky you got some snow. Beautiful shots, what a gorgeous dog!

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Follow you :).

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love your Honey photography. The snow and Honey make a wonderful combination! Hope you have a wonderful new 2012.

Jaymi said...

beautiful snow pictures! It was 82 in LA today where I live, so I'm really missing winter right now! I really love the last picture!

Unknown said...

Our snow has all melted, and I wish we'd get some more! And I'm excited about your new link-up. I'll be back to participate. :)

Michelle said...

Yay...for snow. I'd love to have some here, but that's not going to happen since our temps are still in the low sixties. Fun post...love all the Honey pics.

Neat link up, too. I wrote it down, so I can play next week. :)

rachel said...

no snow here...just rain and dreariness. : P thanks so much for showing off your snow, er, I mean shot this week!