Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Looking Back

Since I'm not posting my photo a day any more (until I do a summary post on the weekend), I thought it would be fun to look back at 2011 and post some photos that never made it here.  Mainly because I never got around to editing them.  And since one of my goals for 2012 is to get 2010 and 2011 photos edited and printed (yes, I'm still working on 2010 - but I'm as far as August, so I'm getting there!), I can kill two birds with one stone, as they say.  :)

So tonight I bring you a few photos from our trip to the local zoo back in July 2011.
black swan
Pretty (or handsome?) black swan

tortoise
Slow-moving tortoise

bird
One of the birds in the bird cage

in the bird cage
Alex wasn't too sure about letting the birds land on him to eat.

lioness
A lioness taking a snooze.  I took this through a window in case you are wondering how I got so close.  :)


More "looking back" photos to come soon ... as I get them edited.  Hopefully soon!  :)
          Flashback Friday

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow...you are ambitious. Not sure that I'll ever be able to catch up. ...okay...maybe eventually. ; )

Love the one of your son....hehe...not knowing quite what to do with his other hand. :) Great closeup too of the lioness.

Rainey said...

Oh what a good goal! I love the lioness picture. She's so cute!

Michelle said...

Wow...I can't wait to see more of your edits. These are all really great (I love the bird!).

Melissa said...

Aww. I love the lioness pic.

deb duty said...

Glad you didn't forget about these! They're awesome. My favorite is the bird with the gorgeous bokeh.

Gretchen said...

I would be nervous about the birds eating off me too... love birds, but those beaks. I don't know. Wonderful look back!! =)

Jen said...

HOw fun! Great lion shot, especially through the glass!