Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #9

Hello!  And welcome back to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday ... Christmas style.  This week I'm just sharing a few snapshots of our Christmas celebrations.

Christmas Tree 2011
Our tree on Christmas Eve once we put all the gifts out.  We have been following the tradition for the past few years of giving the kids each only three gifts at Christmas, which we did again this year.  But this year we also went a little smaller since we're saving up to go to Disney.  I gave the kids a choice of having a big Christmas or going smaller and using the rest to put towards our Disney trip and they all voted for Disney.


Christmas morning was tricky this year with it being on a Sunday.  We let the kids each open one gift in the morning, then we got ready and went to church.  We opened the rest of the gifts once we got home.  They surprisingly didn't mind doing this.  Of course, I didn't give them a choice.  :)

DSC_0020
Nick is really into hunting this year, so Doug got him some hunting gear including this hat.  He also got a hunting coat and gloves and a BB gun.  Oh boy.  :)

DSC_0056
Alex still loves trains so we found a caboose car for his Polar Express train.  He loves it!  He also got a new, bigger bike and a snow board.  He's been talking about learning how to ski, so Doug thought we'd try the snow board first.  Now if it would just snow!

DSC_0084
Now that Keira is in 7th grade, we decided it was time for her to have a phone.  It is just a Tracfone, but it serves its purpose.  She also got a one-year card with minutes and an iTunes gift card.

DSC_0086
We needed some new remotes for our Wii since the old ones stopped working a few months ago.  The kids were thrilled.  We also got a few new games.

DSC_0105
Alex is anxious to try out his new bike.  We left the training wheels on until he gets used to the bigger bike, even though he didn't need them anymore on his old bike.


DSC_0098
I kept trying to get a photo of Doug when he wasn't making a face at me, but I was unsuccessful.  :)

DSC_0152
Honey got several new toys--including this snow man from Doug's sister in Florida--and a dog bed.  I'm hoping she'll stop sleeping on the couch/love seat now that she has her own bed.  Hasn't happened yet.  :)


(I let Keira use my old camera so that I could actually appear in some photos.  She did pretty well with it.)
DSC_0034
Doug actually listened to my request this year and got some Amazon gift cards for me.  And he wrapped them in his own special way, which I will save for another post.  :)  I will be saving them to put towards the purchase of either a bounce flash or a new lens.

We enjoyed our afternoon with a visit from my mom and sister and Doug's parents.  Doug had to work afternoon shift, so once he left, we just relaxed and watched movies.  It was a very enjoyable day celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus.

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

I wish you all a Happy New Year!



A Fresh Perspective


Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      

16 comments:

alicia said...

Looks like Santa was good to you. Bet you're having fun with all those new toys...

Happy WW!

SarahinSC said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Amazon GCs are a great idea! Your dog is just super cute. I'm betting that just because he got a new bed, he'll still sleep on the couch. My dog has had new bed after new bed and still prefers my bed and the couches. Wish I would've never let him get up there in the first place!

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like it was a good Christmas all the way around!

Tricia said...

Great pics! Sounds like a great Christmas!

deb duty said...

Such a wonderful Christmas with so many happy faces! You captured it beautifully!

Teachinfourth said...

It looks as if you were all good this year...

And I love that top image.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Love that shot of your tree! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! :)

kewkew said...

Looks like a great time and I love your tradition. They sure look pleased with what they received. Amazon gift cards are a great gift, glad he listened for you.
Oh, and you dog is beautiful!
Glad you had a great Christmas.
Blessings

Serendipityissweet said...

These are great pics. I love to see how others celebrate the holiday. Looks like you had a fun day! :)

EMily said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas!

Katie said...

What a fun Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Christmas. Lovely shots.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Looks like it was a very good day for all!! Can't wait to hear about this trip to Disney when it happens.

Laura said...

Hooray for amazon gift cards!

Gretchen said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! We try to stick to 3 gifts (plus stocking goodies) too. The Disney experience will be worth so much more than more stuff!! =) Glad you had a great day!! =)

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas with your wonderful family. Thank you for sharing!