Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 11 of 2011

Sarah at Naptime Momtog, Amber at Click. Pray. Love., and Courtney at Click It Up a Notch are hosting Top 11 of '11.  We are to post our top 11 photos of our kids from 2011.  As always, I had a hard time narrowing it down to just 11.  I've really been trying to make an effort to photograph my kids each month and am hopefully improving with my people photos.  :)  Anyway, I picked three of each of the kids separately, two of them together, and bonus photo of our sweet Honeybuns.  She is a member of the family too, ya know. 

First up is Keira (mainly just because I chose to go from oldest to youngest).  :)
2011-06-21
We had a little photo shoot back in June just for fun.  This is her favorite photo from our session.


Keira - November 4
This photo was taken for the Shades of Autumn purple photo challenge.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Keira snow
I just took this photo the other day when we got about an inch of snow (finally!).  The kids and I went for a walk then played in the snow for a while.

Next up is Nick.  He's definitely my most difficult to photograph.  He typically runs the other direction or covers his face when I pull out the camera.  
We're working on that though.
Nick Superbowl Sunday
On Superbowl Sunday back in February when the Steelers were playing, Nick was getting his game face on.  This photo makes me smile.


Nick B&w
I convinced him to do a little photo shoot with me in early November since I didn't really have any great photos of him from 2011.  He surprisingly agreed and did very well.  I have this photo in color hanging on my wall as an 8x8 canvas.

what-is-it
Again surprisingly Nick agreed to help me out with a Scavenger Hunt photo prompt.  I just love his face in this one.  He's a good faker.  :)

Last in the line up is Alex, my baby.  Who's not such a baby anymore.  :(
Alex
On the bike trail one fall morning.

October 19
Playing in the leaves in the back yard.


Alex fall
Giving Mommy a bouquet of fallen leaves.


I did manage to get a few group shots this year also.  Here are my two favorites.
Muddy kids
I know this one isn't the clearest photo, but I love that they covered themselves in mud and then posed for photos.

Week 46 - Gratefulness EDIT
This one is a 16x20 canvas hanging in my living room.  I think this is, by far, the best photo I've taken of the three of them together.  Ever.  :)


One of my photography resolutions for 2012 is to get at least one photo of them together each month.  It is a must.


And as promised, a bonus photo of our sweet Honey. 
Honey
This was taken back in January.  She was born in the winter and is definitely a snow dog.


It was fun looking back at 2011.  Make sure to head over to one of the co-hosts blogs (links at the beginning of this post) to see more great photos.  And link up your photos to be eligible for some great prizes.  You have until January 4.
Click.Pray.Love.

9 comments:

Kelly Chiodi said...

You really have a nice collection of each child there. Very beautiful work. Here's to 2012

karren said...

Some of my faves of yours as well!

Jill said...

Each on of these is a precious treasure. They are fantastic! Your kids are pretty darn cute too. :)

Katie said...

What great photos, Kim! I am so impressed and inspired by your talent!

scrapinbabygal said...

Happy New Year!!
Gorgeous photos of your children!! I just love the mud photo of the three of them.

Anonymous said...

Such awesome shots. I love, love, love the snow photo. Kind of excited when the boys get older. Maybe they will agree to doing photos then. I still love the present photo too.

Amber said...

Such wonderful details captured and oh I do love that second shot. Thanks so much for journeying with us this year and for sharing your beautiful children with us.

Jaime said...

You take some of the best close-ups that I have seen! The one of your daughter in purple (I missed the first time)...perfection!

Courtney said...

These are beautiful! I just love the one of the snow being blown! I need to try something like that (without the snow though) Thanks for linking up!